UPDATE: My "contract" job may turn into a "perm" job!!! :D

by Elsewhere 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've been keeping everyone up-to-date on my job situation since being canned by me JW supervisor:

Worried about work :S
    I got my ID badge for work! :D

As a quick review, I've been trying to find a perm job for several years... I've been doing contract work that is very unstable. Last year I got a job, but within four months I was "laid off - no fault of my own" by my JW supervisor.

Afterward I got another contract job at another company and I have really enjoyed working here. The position was described as "Contract with the possibility of going perm".

Well, yesterday my supervisor came to me and told me that another developer in another city had resigned and that I had been submitted to one of the partners as a possible replacement perm employee!!! I will still work where I am now, so I don't have to worry about moving. This company has many developers scattered out all over the US and I am constantly working with them via phone and email... so a workers physical location does not really matter... so long as he can get the job done.

My supervisor said that he was able to give his supervisor (who talks to the partner) some "logical reasons" to bring me on as a perm employee... he also said that I have been doing a great job and have made some great contributions to the work. The other supervisor agreed with the reasoning and will approach the partner with the proposal to hire me!!!

I sure hope this works out!!! I really do like it here... The pay is great... I enjoy the work... I love the location (Prominent skyscraper near the downtown Dallas arts district )... the office environment is all new and looks really slick... and then there are the people... we all get along great. You know how every office has at least one person who drives you nuts? Well that is not a problem here! Everyone is great!

Basically it's and ideal situation!

Keep your finger crossed for me!

(Clearly my District Assembly endeavors have been received with Jehovah?s blessings )

• kls
    kls

YA for Elsewhere, you like your job that makes all the difference. AHH Skyscraper ? Are you crazy? ( fainting)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Congrats, Else!! That's great!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

(Keeping fingers and toes crossed) YEA Else

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

crossing my fingers for ya Elswhere! good luck

-Doodle-V

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    no fault of my own" by my JW supervisor.

Glad to hear your job may become permanant. Should you run into witnesses on your current job, just remember what I told you in the past. Bug

• desib77
    desib77

Good Luck!

Desi

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

HOPE IT WORKS OUT!!!!

Nina

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Good for you! Hope all works out well. My Fingers Are Crossed

• Emma
    Emma

Yeah for you! Let us know as soon as you do.

(Are you sure you're not the one person in the office... Of course not! What was I thinking? )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit