all teens unite here

by crizlee 18 Replies latest jw friends

• crizlee
    crizlee

lets tell a lil about ourselves... me?

well i live in the houston area of texas. im 17 and raised in the truth, my dad is a MS in the congregation, and i run the literature room. of course im baptized(since 12). is it just me, cuz i really dont have a personal relationship with jehovah. i have not prayed for years except along with the congregation. i really dont do any personal study, i just randomly mark my book so it looks like i studied. all of my friends are elder's kids, and i grew up with them.

at school i am like so isolated but i have made a few good friends that i keep in touch with(is it forbidden to have friends that arent JWs). and a lot of girls have become attracted to me from school, ive had a lot ask me out on dates, sadly i had to turn them away. this coming year is my senor year, i really want to come out and be different, as in be the way im going to be when i stop being a JW.

ive never had a girlfriend because of the belief that you shouldnt date until you are getting ready to get married. tho recently i did try to woo this one girl, but she is like wierd. she told her mom i was trying to date her, so like her mom told my parents this. and now they are trying to get a group dinner thing going on. even to make matters more confusing. my mom told me to lay off her, she doesnt like me anyway. but then they are gonna do this dinner thing... wtf?

truly i want out of this religion, thats where i stand.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Welcome Criz

I hope you stay awhile and get to know everyone, and make some friends!

Your color choices are hurting my eyes! Ouch!

Hugs

Cassi

• crizlee
    crizlee

my bad, i accidently did something. hey if im getting out of the truth, should i really date someone thats in the truth then?

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Yo, I'm 16 and live in the houston area also. Life has sucked because I actually took JW's to heart. Never had a girlfriend or even a girl attracted to me before cause I'm so isolated and get picked on for forever. Im in the same situation as you it seems. I want to go out with a JW girl but it's gonna take some time to get her to see the light of regular human thinking. Maybe we could meet up one day and do somethin? Since you a witness kid my mom would probably think Im gettin out of my alone streak that has been going on since I was born.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Teens please be cautious about what you post here especially if you are still living at home with JW parents who would take a dim view of your posting here

We want you to stay and feel free but please stay safe

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

ya I know Lady Lee. I never really give out too much personal information. I've narrowed myself down to about... at least a thousand witness kids.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    hey if im getting out of the truth, should i really date someone thats in the truth then?

This is your choice, but I would think it would make life very hard for you and the person your are involved with.

Cassi

• crizlee
    crizlee

is it wrong to have doubt? i talked to my friend tonight over instant messanger, i told him how things arent just right. like we had the circuit overseer stay at our house, and the dude kept trying to convince me to go to bethel when i clearly told them i wanted to go to college. then i finally told him ill think about it just to make him shut up, and then he tells me again(wtf?). i tell my friend thats how army recruiters recruit, and he's like whatever u r g ay. he finally told me he would not talk to me anymore if i continued down this path. its ridicuoulous how this religion can break up not only familys but friendships. so what congregation you from? if i say mine you better not tell on me for this apostate thinking lol.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

if i say mine you better not tell on me for this apostate thinking lol.

You may wish to keep that to yourself and not disclose where you are from if you are not comfortable with your family and friends finding out. In fact I would say not to tell anyone at this point where you attend.

Doubt is good, it gets you to think and examine what the real truth is, so doubt is in no way bad. You are not alone. And will have much support here.

Welcome again!

Cassi

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

(is it forbidden to have friends that arent JWs). and a lot of girls have become attracted to me from school, ive had a lot ask me out on dates, sadly i had to turn them away

so it is still an UNWRITTEN RULE, but all jw parents will never admit to it.

I read your post, and wow you brought back memories, i was in the same boat, kept turning girls away til i was 21, finally i decided, either i smarten up or i am going to be alone the rest of my life, or stuck in some boring JW lifestyle, i finally got enough nerve to tell my parents and support myself and get out of the cult, and met a wonderful girl.

im 37 now, 15-20 years later, things haven't changed much in JW land have they, every generation tells the same story. Talk about a repeat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit