Does anybody have the book for baptism questions in 1974???

by codeblue 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garybuss
    garybuss

Blondie, You wrote: "Based on the teachings of the WTS, only the remnant (144,000) can rightly be called "Jehovah's Witnesses."

That's exactly the way it started out. The unsaved masses of other people who associated with the Jehovah's witnesses, and distributed the literature produced by the publishing corporation they directed were called, "the people of good will".

There were basically two classes of Jehovah's witnesses. There were those of influence and power and there were those of acceptance and obedience, exactly as it is today.

The big difference is initially, the name Jehovah's witnesses was exclusive. Now the name (tm) Jehovah's Witnesses is inclusive. That is, originally the name was used to show a difference in outlook, in purpose, and in status. Now the name is used to show a conformity in outlook, a unity of purpose, and an equal lowered status, that is, the unsaved, the unrefinable, the unjudged, and the untestable.

Today, the former Jehovah's witness class is called the "remnant" and the "people of good will" are called Jehovah's Witnesses. I guess it all must have happened without the active members noticing . . . . . most likely, they noticed and they didn't care.

In my opinion, the Jehovah's Witnesses is a club with social standing rating number one. Teachings rate about number 10 or 11 if they rate at all.

• codeblue
    codeblue

A special thank you to:

TD: who typed all those questions for baptism...since I don't have my book (still puzzled where it is), wow that took a bunch of time!!!

Elsewhere, Blondie, and Wannaexit for their research....

I really appreciate all your efforts in helping me with my question.

You guys are great!!!!

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit