elders visit need advice from ex elders, any

by jurs 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

jurs,

By reading your last two posts, it appears that the reason the elders may allow you at this point to have your witnesses in your behalf, is to find out how many others need to be shunned as well as you. It is a setup! I have seen it and experienced it. THINK this through. Don't allow them to have the edge.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Another thought on this, do get the recording. Have two recorders set up in different areas in the room. Make sure they are hidden. The elders will not usually talk to you if they know the conversation is recorded. When the conversation is over and they walk out your door, mention to them that you have recorded what transpired and close the door. This will leave you with a mental edge over them and at least keep them halfway honest.

• jurs
    jurs

scorpian
    wow, how did you get that it could be a set up over what i wrote ???? the strange thing is you could be right. when i turned in my DA letter a pioneer sister came to talk to me . i told one of the reasons i started doubting was because an elder was hiding a wrong. his wife (my friend) is an alcoholic, she just got out of jail for another D.U.I. he hides it and won't get her the help she needs. when the elder called he did also mention he remembered me telling him about my friend. i never told him ,i told his brother, another elder. i bet your right, although i don't know how you figured that out. i'm glad you wrote that. i'll have to be careful. i tend to talk a little to freely....jurs

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

jurs,

I have seen a lot of deceit over the years within several congregations. The thing I noticed the most is that most elders will lie and sacrifice each other if need be to hold their position within their congregation. The rank and file mean very little compared to gaining prestige among the higher ups.

There is a lack of humility within the ranks of the WTBTS from the top down. Humility is one thing that is needed in order for a person to admit they are wrong. Has the WTBTS really admitted their mistakes or have they hid them the best they could or even blamed the mistakes on others?

What I am saying is that 98% of the time you will be dealing with organization minded men and not humble individuals that want to do what is right.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day again all,
    Path, I wonder about this:

As has been stated in the past, your DA letter is simply you giving them exactly what they want you to give them so they can shun you in good conscience and without legal recourse. You will make NO impression on them. A DA letter is only beneficial if you feel it will be for you PERSONALLY.

You see, when the announcement is made to the congregation (or about 65% of them, as it's a Service Meeting)an announcement stating that jurs has disassociated may cause the R&F to start to wonder why she has taken this course. An announcement that she has been DF simply gets the "Oh well, we always knew she was headed down that path." or, "You see what happens when you start to draw away from Jehovah's organisation" type of reaction. To me, the DA announcement carries more weight, that is, if you want to make a 'statement'.

jurs:

i didn't want to refuse meeting with them because i beleive they want to meet with me to try and help me.
    May I suggest to you that you are being a little naive here. There is no such thing as an innocent shepherding call to one who has given in a DA letter. Please beware.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Oh the DocBob letter!! That is the one that I am going to use!! I love that letter.

Since the Society is run by the lawyers now, that is a letter that the lawyers will respect!!

Slipnslidemaster: "Men have become the tools of their tools."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit