how many corporations are owned by the wts -what is it worth?

by amazone 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• amazone
    amazone

Has any x jw or journalist ever compiled the whole financial side of the wt corporations?
    where does the money go?
    it cannot have been spent for building factories and bethel homes. so where are their millions & trillions?

I know so far about their assets in brooklyn, their shareholdership of rand cam & subsidiaries, their published income for the wts in new york.

does anybody have the full picture of it? or at least some more infos?
    I would appreciate any information on this. I want to know what they are worth!!!

thanx a million

• Gerard
    Gerard

Unfortunately, we are more likely to understand the true nature of God than to trace the WT's finances.

They cook their books in unbelievable ways; for example: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/finances.htm

• amazone
    amazone

Unfortunately, we are more likely to understand the true nature of God than to trace the WT's finances.

LOL

reminds me of the reason why my mother turned her back on the coptic church/ethiopia more than 30 yrs ago, the priest had answered her inquiry regarding the trinity by saying "the trinity is a mystery and nobody is able to understand the nature of god"...

anyway, thank you for the link.

• GenericMan
    GenericMan

I know the society owns Tellway Publishing. Here's their website:

www.tellway-publishing.com/index.php

Who knows what other companies they own.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I don't see the number of corporations they own as being the big thing. It's what those corporations own that's important.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What proof is there that the WTS owns Tellway Publishing?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    unfortunately most persons, rather than really understanding what the Bible says, are content with simply being told what to believe.

Seems that Tellway, whoever they are, are on the right track!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the links they have at tellway are

Useful Links

How theology and Bias affect Bible Translations and Versions

C.C.J.W.

Stoops Manufacturing

Bible Translation Issues

the last one is to in defense of new world translation.

stoops sells jw bookbags and stuff..

is it really owned by the wts you think?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Tellway is no more owned by WTBTS than is Stoops or Elihubooks; authors being JWs and publishing their own books, or publishing houses owned by JWs and publishing pro books are one thing - a company being owned by WTBTS is quite another thing. All "official" books are issued by WTBTS, and they do not publish books separated from that. The only exception so to speak are the limited editions published for governments, journalists, judges, lawyers, environmentalists etc. - books not for the genral public, but they are also issued by WTBTS although not easily acquired.

• allpoweredup
    allpoweredup

Most of the about $2,000,000 dollars (U.S.) that the Watchtower directly admits to appears to be and have been in non-liquid assets, meaning properties such as real estate (land/buildings), printing machinery and stocks in various companies such as in the airlines, copper mining, business machinery such as credit cards and bloodless surgery fields.

However the various Watchtower and Watchtower-connected corporations have also benefitted through fronting persons and businesses, moneys and properties willed to the Watchtower Society. Worldwide there are nearly 100,000 congregations and many of those own kingdom hall buildings and plots of land.

Values per small kingdom hall plot and building (there are also some expensive assembly complexes) will vary due to differences in currency nation to nation but just imagine if for just 30,000 buildings and land sections there is a value of $40,000 each: 30,000 x 40,000 = $1,200,000,000 or $1.2 trillion earthwide (not just the $2 billion for assets in the U.S.).

If you need precise Watchtower financial details you must ask Jaracz, Adams and their attorneys who in turn will tell you that you will not be told any such details. In the right context a Federal judge could order CPAs to dig up the information for you, at least so far the U.S. held businesses go. Otherwise you could spend a lifetime trying to find out everything and only scratch the surface.

The most knowledgable person I know of about Watchtower finances is Randall Watters who has http://www.freeminds.org ([email protected]).

Regards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit