Blues music

by Markfromcali 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

There's gotta be some blues fans out there.. I have been listening to a recording of a live show back in '68 with B.B. King, Jimi Hendrix and probably other greats I don't know about and I'm finding I really enjoy it. Any blues buffs out there want to make some suggestions etc.? BTW I can burn a copy of this for anyone who's interested..

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

get a bass guitar, and start playing, you'll be filled with the blues spirit..

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think that Stevie Ray Vaughan is the most compelling artist of the genre, though he never gets props from blues purists. For reasons that are pretty obvious but I won't get into that.

• avishai
    avishai

How 'bout Robert johnson? Skip James?

Blind willie Johnson, Howlin Wolf. Blind Lemon Jefferson. Muddy waters is great. Bukka White is phenomenal. Now, Almost all of these artists played ealry in the 20th century. I love this stuff, delta blues, etc. Huge fan of it, and slide blues. I don't much care for a lot of the modern overproduced blues. For instance, I don't care for Robert Cray.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

For modern stuff, I loved Stevie Ray Vaughn. And I like Robert Cray, and there's some young white boys that are pretty good .. like Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Johnny Lang. Older blues stuff? No one has mentioned John Lee Hooker yet. Muddy Waters & Robert Johnson for sure. Gotta throw in Buddy Guy for good measure.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Tommy Castro!

Waterfront Blues Festival is next weekend in downtown Portland! Whoohoo!

O

• dh
    dh
    'bout Robert johnson? Skip James?

Blind willie Johnson, Howlin Wolf. Blind Lemon Jefferson. Muddy waters is great. Bukka White is phenomenal.

all of the above and Buddy Reed, and...

ladies & gentlemen...

Clayton Love

I have some blues compilation CD's and all these artists are on them, they are lifesavers sometimes.

wheoooa 30th Day of April, gone in the year 19 and 83, you know i never will forget, all things you have taught to me, that's right muddy, like this one right here...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hubbie and I went to a John Mayhall concert last month. Some of the best blues I've heard in a long time, really great music.

I don't really follow who's who but every Friday night the local college station has a blues night, it's awesome, love to listen to that.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Tab Benoit

• FMZ
    FMZ

I love the blues... unfortunately I never (dunno why) bought any blues CDs or even know any distinct blues players (apart from the King, obviously). My first stop of any night on the town has to be a blues bar though.

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit