a friend lost

by zev 13 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

I still think about my freind often.

today i got the urge to look up this post.

i didnt realize it but its been two years to the day, today.

i miss him.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Zev, so sorry to hear about your good friend.

Yes, I can relate. I don't think it's cruel to say what you said, that you are relieved that he is no longer suffering. I'm with you there. There's a time when the body needs to simply stop, and give it a rest. That rest being death.

My only recent sadness, is a few months ago (6 months) when my good friend Robert, died suddenly of a brain aneurysm. He was only 37. It was a difficult time, and my only good-bye was on Christmas Eve when I saw him walking away from my apartment door headed over to his good friend's place for Christmas.

I like reading the brief story of how you got to know him. The Ham Radio hobby etc., and just the friendship you two acquired as a result. Very decent.

You obviously made an impact upon him. That's incredible. What an honour.

Best wishes to you Zev. I know that many thoughts go through our heads at times like these. It's hard to believe when someone dies, that they are really and truly gone, even though in some instances, we know some of our friends/family are soon to leave us.

Thank you for sharing this. I think it was important for you to share that with us, and to show us the wonderment and endurance of good FRIENDSHIPS.

An inspiration to us all.

• DJ
    DJ

(((((((((((Zev)))))))))))) You were a great friend. That is such a blessing. If you were still a jw, he would have probably been off limits. Look at the love you would have missed. Good friends are like fine wine. love, dj

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi zev,

i'm glad you brought this thread back -- it is a wonderful tribute to the friendship you shared.

i am grateful for the kind, sensitive person that you were and are. i am glad for somebody too. i am so glad that i got to meet both of you.

love, nowisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit