Can some one explain how 607 is wrong

by XQsThaiPoes 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

THe watchtower and many others claim something happend in 607. This is based on the idea the bible is acurate. THe watchtower states in a few places 586 is the "real date" but they would make the bible wrong which is a no no. I know they have a vested interest in 607. I can't figure out why is this such a controversy. It is obvious they are simply subtracting 70+537 to get 607 and ignoring historical evidence just because the bible says so.

Can anyone explain if i missed anything. I think that the bible may be just wrong. Also they said in the 1992 publication that the accepted date is 586 bce so it is not like it is hidden.

will there ever be a world with out war p. 7 The Bible?Inspired by God? ***

Fulfillment?607

B.C.E. (586 B.C.E. according to most secular chronologies): Babylon destroyed Jerusalem after a year and a half siege. The city and temple were razed, and the Jews themselves were carried off to Babylon.
  • RandomTask
    RandomTask

Read 'Gentile Times Reconsidered' by Carl Olaf Johnsson

• Triple A
    Triple A
    THe watchtower and many others claim something happend in 607. This is based on the idea the bible is acurate.

XQsThaiPoes,

RandomTask reading suggestion is excellent, I am currently in the middle of this book myself. The Bible does not say that something happened in 607 BC. The vast majority of the historians say that 607 was the 1st year of Nebuchadnezzar. That would make the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple around 586 BC. The 586 BC date of course would undermine the WTBTS claim to authority given in 1919, so they are bound to the 607 BC date for the destruction no matter what evidence there is against it.

Triple A

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I did not say 607 is in the bible. I said other "christians" point to 607 as the beinging of 70 years of something. Nebuchadnezzar comming to power is interpeted by some as the begining of the 70 years. WHat makes the watchtowers claim speacial?

Also the watchtower does not need 607 for anything IMO. They can make up anydate and make what ever speculation they want. Look at 1975 a date based on the suppossed 6000 years of man.

• Triple A
    Triple A
    I did not say 607 is in the bible. I said other "christians" point to 607 as the beinging of 70 years of something.

Sorry, I took the second sentence as connect to the first sentence as that the Bible specifically states 607 BC.

Nebuchadnezzar comming to power is interpeted by some as the begining of the 70 years. WHat makes the watchtowers claim speacial?

I have never heard anyone use the start of Nebuchadnezzar's reign as the start of the 70 years. Everything I have ever read uses the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple as the date to start counting the 70 years.

If you do not count the 2520 years (taken from Daniel 4 prophecy about Nebuchadnezzar, that Daniel in 4:28-29 states, "All this happened...") starting in 607 BC you do not get Jesus' RETURN starting in 1914. If he did not return in 1914, he could not have selected the Internation Bible Students (Peoples Pulpit Association, future Watchtower Bible and Tract Society) as His Faithful and Discreet Slave. No authority given from Christ, the organization is just another group of men throwing their weight around.

Also the watchtower does not need 607 for anything IMO. They can make up anydate and make what ever speculation they want. Look at 1975 a date based on the suppossed 6000 years of man.

With authority as the Faithful and Discreet Slave, you are correct that they can make up anydate and make what ever speculation they want. But take that authority away and can they do the same?

What does IMO stand for? Sorry I am a newbie

• Triple A
    Triple A

By the way they take a seven year prophecy and turn it into a 2520 year prophecy. One day is suppose to equal one year, so 7 * 360 = 2520 years. If you apply one day = one year rule to Daniel's prophecy in chapter 9:24-27, The tribulation would start around 22703 AD and Armageddon would 24593 with the Messiah thousand year reign.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

hummmm.......cut to the chase and be done with the bible. It's all bogus and it doesn't matter.

just my .02

Kate

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Can some one explain how 607 is wrong

Forget about 607. 607 wouldn't be important if 1914 wasn't important. Start asking questions about 1914, and you will find that 607 is irrelevant.

A careful reading of Mathew 24 is a good start. I said a CAREFUL reading of that chapter.

Mark 13, Luke 21: same thing.

Farkel

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Here is a christian science page that used 607 as the destuction of jerusalem.

http://www.trmi.com/38.htm

Here is a LDS page that claims 605=607 and is the destruction of jerusalem.

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/captivity.html

Here is a 605 page.

http://www.ldolphin.org/Timesg.html

I know 607 vs 605 may be a big thing to most people but for sake of this thread it is close enought. I could probally find more 605/607 pages.

That is what is confusing me are these people wrong too and if so what is their vested intrest for their bad chronology.

IMO means in my oppinion.

With authority as the Faithful and Discreet Slave, you are correct that they can make up anydate and make what ever speculation they want. But take that authority away and can they do the same?

It does not effect them imo because they never cop to being the FDS when they are wrong. It was only idle speculation. Infact their fds authority hurts them more than helps hence them totally divorcing the WT from the GB in 2000 that way all the future speculations can be easily pawned off on the great crowd directors.

• scholar
    scholar

The date 607 is a solid calcuable date based upon secular and biblical evidence. Also, it is a prophetic date for the establishment of the beginning of the 'seven times' of Daniel concluding in 1914. It stands in sharp contrast to the dead-end dates of 586-7 for the Fall of Jerusalem and to the muddled interpretations for the seventy years.

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit