To where can a witness go?

by hooberus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

I was raised as a JW, and got baptized in my teens.

My reason for baptism was as a foot step follower of Jesus.......He was my "model"...he set the basis for baptism...along with a desire to please our "heavenly" father. I did not dedicate myself to an earthly, made-made organization. My loyalty lay with Jesus and his father. So when I learned the truth about the truth(tm) it was clear that it wasn't the true channel of pure worship.

...."to whom shall we go?" I have always been with Jesus.......Just this time, not having a religion being my mediator...I will not ever join another "religion"...I have my Bible, and my dedication and personal relationship with God and his son, Jesus. NObody can take that away from me.

Codeblue

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Hoob,
    Though I have never been a JW, I do have some thoughts.

no kidding well that explains your nutty post.

Frankie, that was uncalled for and mean spirited. Actually he is correct-we don't serve an org, we serve God. It is ok to express how u feel but not to insult Hoob, or others who feel the same way.

• jwbot
    jwbot
    1) For those raised by parents who were/are JW?s, and this religion is all you have ever known, the fact that you visit this site and are unhappy with the JW religion begs the question: why do you not just walk away from it?

So much easier said than done. Especially when it is your whole life. Your friends will hate you, your family will leave you and you have nothing since those are the only people you have known. Its so much harder than it seems.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm sorry Hoob,

That was uncalled for and mean spirited, on my part,,I just thought that your post were a little nutty,,and so I quickly wrote it in the post not to be mean spirited but to let you know how I viewed your wierd posts that didn't seem too "witnessie". And so when you finally came out and said you were not a witness,,I spoke what was on my mind. Some here think that was uncalled for so I appologies to make them happy.

• Balsam
    Balsam

When a person is raised or conditioned to trust another for direction, without the direction they feel lost. How does one direct themselves when they never have or have given up directing themselves?

A person has to learn, and that is what all of us are doing now we're out of the JW mental control. We now have to decide for ourselves what we will do, when we will do it and even change our minds as we move along in life. I know for myself, I went from trusting my parents direction, then a husbands direction then the husbands direction combined with direction from God. Well god as precieved by the JW's. My parents were entirely trust worthy, but my now ex-husband and the WTB&TS was not. My parents always told me not to trust religions, but I did anyway to my detriment.

Just thankful I have learned to think again for myself, it feels good. Have a husband now that wants my thoughts and direction. Encourages me to think for myself. As for religion, I like God much better without the so called inspired writtings.

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit