New Nail Polish!

by patio34 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• patio34
    patio34

I'm simply a female female . . . lol.

I had quit wearing nail polish because it chips, etc. But I happened to buy Revlon's new "10-Day System" for $5.99 for TWO bottles: the color and the top coat.

I did a French manicure and it has lasted with nary a chip or peel for 7 days now! And I've scrubbed stuff, done dishes, washed my car and on & on it lasts!

I love it!

Pat

• jwbot
    jwbot

awesome! I will check it out. I dont wear nail polish for the same reason...

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I will definately have to go get some. Does it come in purple, got a bit of a thing for purple at the moment.

• talesin
    talesin

Patio, I know what you mean. lol

I rarely wear it anymore, but when I used to work in an office job, I did my nails every Sunday evening. I used the Avon brand. Base coat, 2 coats colour, then 2 top coats. It worked so great. You really do need the two-step system.

Have you bought the nail-dry? It's kind of oily, and runny just like water. You brush it over the tacky colour, and it hardens it fairly quickly so it's not as easily smeared when fresh. Still, you have to be careful not to scrape it for a couple of hours, but it's a big help.

I still like to wear lipstick, though. :)

tal

(of the 'used to be more a more girly-girl' class)

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks for the replies, JWbot and Leaa and Talesin! I'll look for the dry thing Tal, but this system dries really quickly too. I work in an office and besides, at my age, lol, you gotta put some paint on the ol' barn.

Hugs,

Pat(beer, because that's what I'm a'fixin' to have in a few)

• Odrade
    Odrade

well, poop. I have to keep my nails clipped so short it's not worth it to polish them.

My toenails look soooo pretty though. LOL. I got a pedicure. They are PINK! Haha!

O

• patio34
    patio34

Odrade, are you the first person ever to post a picture of their toes on this board? I bet you are! They are quite beautiful indeed. Why do you have to keep your nails clipped short? I do too to avoid breaking one way down low, but still paint them.

Pat

• Odrade
    Odrade

How could I possibly be the first toes on the board?? LOL! I have to keep the fingernails clipped cause I'm training to be a massage therapist, and I can't do deep tissue work with nails of any length. Too poky.

O

• talesin
    talesin

A pedicure! I'm so jealous. Aw, your toes are so cute. I still paint my toenails in summer. :)

And Pat, I'm sure that old barn is lookin' mighty fine!

Have a beer for me, kay? Next week, after my first payday on the new job, I'll be having one, too. Well, actually, I think I'll have a Scotch. heheh

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'm a no makeup wearin', no polish wearin', jewelry wearin' kinda person. Well, except for a pair of earrings that I've worn straight since 1998 w/o removing them. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit