Another Fading Hurdle, uh, Hurdled...

by Badger 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Badger
    Badger

I just got back Late monday with the boy after a week and a half (a few pics and possible rundown may follow, for those with insomnia). the Badger Pup and I were getting ready to run some errands today when he chirped up...

"Daddy, do you go to meetings?"

A toughie...The look in his eyes was pure curiosity. I try to play cool, confident pops.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, we haven't gone in two weeks."

I thought I was ready. I wasn't, but I had something short ready.

"Badger Pup, I don't really go to meetings anymore...Some people don't understand. but there's a few things I'm not sure of anymore. I still love Jehovah, but I don't know about the meetings."

He looked down for a second...What now?

Does he cry because I'm going to die at Armageddon? (He said one day while driving that the "End of the World freaks me out" and started to cry...what kind of bastard puts that horror into a five-year-olds mind?)

Will he start getting mad and argue with me based on what he knows already from the Watchtower?

Will he say I'm a rotten father who ruined his life and crushed his dreams? (OK, I'm not expecting that one until he's 17 at least)

He looked at me...

"I don't care (hug). I love you, Daddy."

Tears barely stiffled. "That means a lot to me, Badger Pup. No matter what you think or believe, Dad will always love you."

Badger, of the relieved again class.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Badger)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

That's awesome to hear!! I know what a good dad you are, and it looks like Badger pup knows it too. I'm so happy for you hon....you deserve to have this and so much more goodness in your life.

• Valis
    Valis

BadgerBadgerBadger

Hey man...glad you had a moment like that with young Badger...better now then when it could get much more complicated in the long run. We should poker soon..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Badger
    Badger

Yes, I think a day of association with the DO is just what the badger pup needs. He's getting adept a poker, too. I taught him when to fold, always a smart move...

Plus, he met a young lady I've been seeing and was the perfect foil as I laid the Mack down. JW or not, he does know to help a brother out.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Ah Baddggggg. what a wonderful moment. I always used to just tell Spencer that you didnt have to go to meetings to be a good person.

Your story is so cute though. I can just picture those great big badger eyes on that little bitty mini Bagder looking up at you. Ahhh I'm about to make myself all misty-eyed now

• talesin
    talesin

Right on, Badger. Keep on being straight with him, he's lucky to have a dad who loves him so.

tal

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Badger

I'm sure this was quite an emotional conversation you had with little badger.

you are right when you said,"He said one day while driving that the "End of the World freaks me out" and started to cry...what kind of bastard puts that horror into a five-year-olds mind?)

Sounds like we need Gumby on this thread to describe this bastardized religion and the fear that they instill in not only adults.. but little children just like your little badger.

Breaks my heart to know that little kids are being brainwashed with this stuff.

Tender loving moments with your kids means alot. Very moving post Badger. (heart stuff)

sincerely

Special K

• flower
    flower

Awwweeeesome!!

• codeblue
    codeblue

That's pretty kewl of your son....awesome you 2 see eye to eye

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Ah, the unconditional love of a child.

Great story, Badger. Got me all teary, too.

LABD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit