Damnit! Too stupid, bad karma....

by Vivamus 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Okay, here's the deal. I work on a temp-basis. Which means my boss at the library can fire me and give me a day's notice for it. I have no rights at all ....

Now, I have been registered as sick, for 3 weeks already. My every day headaches are getting examined, and that means i am not allowed to take any painkillers, and just grind my teeth to get trough some horrible days. Anyway, i figured by this time i would be able to go back to work ... but my headaches are as subborn as i am, so they still bugger the hell outta me. Now, i need to get my ass to a neurologist and get an even better examination. The appointment is scheduled on July 14th, and till that time i cannot kill my pain with those wonderful lill'pills.

No problem, i can manage a relaxing day, heck, i even do some, not too demanding, fun stuff (walking, sitting in the sun etc). However, work is not an option, i tend to get waves of headaches every two hours or more, so i nicely stay at home .... sick.

Now, since i work on a temp basis, it is highly lickely i will loose my hours at the library. So, since i almost for sure know thats gonna happen, i am also applying for other jobs, stating i can start on July 15th. A girl gotta keep options ... so, just now, i hear a phone company needs a salesgirl for 12 hours a week, close by home. So i phone the number given, state what i am calling for ........ AND ..... *drum roll* ..... turns out she works for the temp agency i work for as well. So, next thing i know, i get grilled as to the why and how i am listed as sick and am applying for a new job at the same time ... they thought i was taking advantage of the sick-pay i get .....

*sigh* this is just stupid. - Blue bubblegum girl

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

you can state that your headache is caused by your bad - working surroundings..... thats why you are looking for another job - to get an ergonomic work situation - in stead of what you have now..

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Yeah, you're right, mum. It'll probably be okay ... it has to ....

• dorothy
    dorothy

Oh, Vivamus, I feel for you honey. Hang in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit