Who did you contact first?

by Lehaa 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Just interested!

When you were disfellowshipped, who was the first person you contacted?

I'm just about to write a letter to my cousin who was disfellowshipped 15 years ago.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Well, when i realised i was about to get DF, i called my mum and told her (then a jw) that i was no longer to be considered a member, and was about to be DF. My biggest fear was she would treat me like she was supposed to - shun me. But she never did "if they tell me i cannot speak to my DF daughter, they better DF me as well"................In case you read this mum, i love you forever just for that statement

And then i didn't contact anyone, tho i had just found an amazing friend (also ex JW) who helped me through it.

• Paradise Found
    Paradise Found

Well Iam not disfellowshipped .But Iam out so I guess it was God and I said

"THANKYOU FOR GETTING ME OUT OF THIS MESS"!!!

• Emma
    Emma

I didn't contact anyone; I was fading, not df'd. A few years after I initially left I bumped into a friend from my teen years who I knew left the org after reading "Crisis of Conscience." She looked at me, not sure how to react and when I moved toward her saying her name, we embrassed. We see each other on a regular basis; it's wonderful! She's my one link to my childhood.

• Ciara
    Ciara

My Aunts. They were disfellowshipped before I was old enough to remember them. Also my sister has been inactive for a long time now and my dad had insisted that she was "just as bad as" df'ed only she hadn't been caught at anything yet-so we still had to shun her. Such a heartless ba***rd.

Ciara

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

Actually, an old friend of mine that was df'd before me contacted me.

I was in another state, my old congregation got wind of it thru a friend in the congregation I was df'd from.

Then we got in touch with another friend of ours. We all went to high school together and went thru all

the ridicule together. Now we are all gonna go to our 10th year reunion. That should be interesting.

Sinamon

• talesin
    talesin

Paradise Found

I was reading the thread, thinking 'no one'. But your post reminded me of something.

I prayed to Jehover, and told him that HE knew I had a 'true heart' and could not live with the hypocracy within the bOrg. I also told him that if he still wanted to destroy me at Harmageddon, then so be it.

Kinda sad, huh, that I had no one else to talk to about it? You know, no one who was REAL.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I first wrote a letter to my mom and dad...and then I called my best friend from childhood...she was DF'd 5 years prior. Now we live 45 minutes away from each other and see each other often, picked up where we left off. It's great to have someone from your past that experienced everything the same way at the same time.

I don't speak to my mom and dad, they don't even call to ask about the kids.....

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I had kind of an odd situation here. I found out (online) about the secrets of the Borg, and kept it to myself for a few months, while I decided where to "go" with this knowledge. I didn't even tell my husband all the stuff I was learning! I had a lot of thinking to do and didn't want (or need) anyone trying to influence me.

I finally made up my mind that I wanted NO PART of the WTS and I wrote a letter to the Society and the PO. I told them why I was leaving and that I wanted no further contact with any of them trying to "shepherd" me.

So I actually notified the WTS before I told my family! I had two family members in the WTS at that time and news spread quickly to the "friends" within a very short period of time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit