My sad start to the day.

by Lehaa 32 Replies latest social family

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

To all you animal lovers out there.

I awoke this morning to find that my dog had passed away during the night.

He was a Golden retriever cross and the baby of the family. He loved the kids and would lie down so my 2 year old could sit and lie on him.

He dug out of the back yard and got into my gardening stuff. He ate half a box of snail bait.

I'm feeling really guilty, sould not have left it out. It was high on a shelf and he climbed up to get it. Should have had it locked in the shed. He must have had a horrible death.

If any thing else bad happens to me this month i don't know how i'll cope. Will anything in my life ever go right again.

• kls
    kls

I am so sorry ,loosing a animal is like loosing family. Please don't blame yourself how were you supposed to know the dog would get into it. Get a new dog asap, believe me it helps. Again it is not your fault.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am sooo sorry. I don't really know how to express words right now, but please know that I am thinking of you. If you need a listening ear, or a shoulder to cry on, let me know.........

CJ

• glitter
    glitter

((((Lehaa))))

I'm so so sorry that happened, I totally identify cos although my dog didn't ever do *exactly* that, it's the sort of thing that easily could've happened to him (he was always into everything), so don't blame yourself.

If you want to talk about your dog, happy or sad, please PM me.

• Purza
    Purza

OMG Lehaa -- I am soooooooo sorry. I would die if I woke up and my golden was gone. My thoughts are with you.

Purza

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Would love to get a new dog, but i'll have to move soon. Not sure whether i'll be able to find somewhere where i can have a dog. I still have 2 cats though, oh and my kids.

Have to tell my son tonight. How he's been through so much to, how do i tell him.

Thanks for all your support. You guys are all starting to feel like family.

• kls
    kls

All you can do is tell him there was a accident. How old is your son?

• morty
    morty

(((((((((((Lehaa & Family))))))))))

Sorry about your loss...To loose your pet is like losing a family member....Please donot blame yourself......Like another poster said, go and get yourself another one soon....

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    How old is your son?

He's six.

• kls
    kls

Photo does not show, but you could just tell him the dog got sick but as soon as you can you will get him another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit