Do you welcome change?

by desib77 18 Replies latest jw friends

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

I welcome change sometimes it's an adventure it's always new and different.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    The thought of big changes always scares me and I see myself avoiding things that would be a change even if it is possible that it will make my life better. I am always assuming the worst...what if it doesn't work out.....what if I can't deal with it............what if....what if...what if....

Does fear of change ever get the better of you?

Desi

Hi Desi!

Good question. I think everyone likes the idea of change that will improve the quality of their lives. Welcomed changes really depend on a person's personal value system.

Change is growth and growth is painful. We have a tendency to avoid the process in our lives, don't we?

Yes, the "what if" mind game we play with ourselves is fear; more than likely a fear of either success or failure. Fear paralyzes and prevents movement of mind and body.

Every action is a cause set in motion. The actions we take today shape tomorrow's outcome. No action- no results one way or the other.

Short-cut: Find someone who is getting the result(s) in their life you would also like to have. Study what they do and say, learn how they think and what their perspectives are . . . then do and say and think like them. Presto! You have the exact same results they are getting. Over simplified, yes, but assuredly true.

Negative questions are: What if I try something and I fail? What if I waisted my time? What if I lose? What kind of price will I ultimately pay for trying and failing?

Empowering questions are: What if I don't try? If I don't try something, will I ever get better? Where will I be in five years if I keep doing the same thing over and over (which is sometimes nothing at all, lol)? What's the price I will pay emotionally, mentally, spiritually and physically if I don't move toward change?

Just a way of thinking that has helped me, so I thought I would share some of the basics with you.

Best Regards,

Corvin

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    Change is growth and growth is painful

This is a very true statement in my opinion. For me, I do welcome change. The "what if's" if I DONT change something nag at me. I'm constantly rearranging my furniture, changing my hair color. I'm constantly looking for new business ventures and career choices. I know of people who cant stand change at all, and it is pretty annoying to me sometimes. When I was working as a supervisor we were sent to this seminar about change, and how to make change easier on the employees, we read a great book, that offered some great advice.

www.whomovedmycheese.com

• RR
    RR
    Do you welcome change or do you dread it?

I look forward to change everyday ... especially my underwear!

RR

• Badger
    Badger

Good Change:

Underwear
    Eating habits if you're overweight
    Route to take on a long drive
    Religion, if you're in a mind bending cult
    Weather (most of the time)
    2004 Presidential Election

Bad Change:

Divorce (unless you have a good lawyer and moral high ground)
    When they pre-empt 24 for American Idol.
    A right-handed pitcher to face a left-handed batter
    Gas prices
    Closing your fave watering/dining hole
    "Let's just be friends"

• Sassy
    Sassy

depends on the change..

does it require a decision in which you do not know what door to open? then no..

if it is inevitble, i don't mind it

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Yes. Quarters, dimes & nickels - no pennies, please.

• dh
    dh

i welcome change if something needs to be change, i can't stand change for the sake of change.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Yes ... (I like it or not. If not : No)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit