What is Creativity?

by onacruse 26 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Some people say it's their music; expression of heart and soul.

Some people say it's their research; expression of their mind.

Some people say it's fishing; absence of expression of anything...just living in the moment.

Some people say "it's because I'm on a db, expressing myself."

For myself: Creativity is finding something where nothing was before...and then discovering that it was already discovered.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Creativity is something that only you have. Pretty much. and how you expand on that thing you have. I guess.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Craig,

For myself: Creativity is finding something where nothing was before...and then discovering that it was already discovered.

I always thought that was called being young.

Creativity? Try this one : Focusing a unique imperative into a unique focus.

HS

• Carmel
    Carmel

It's $0.20 falling on the floor! (paraidgm shift)

caveman

• onacruse
    onacruse

Creativity is something that only you have.

So then, what is your creativity? At the end of your life, what could you point back to and say "I created this!"?

HS:

Focusing a unique imperative into a unique focus.

How does one determine that "this is unique, and therefore I will do this, and be creative"?

• blondie
    blondie

Seeing beyond what others see.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Creativity is an inate talent for creating something new/unique, interesting and valuable out of something of little value....this can include making something different out of something old....this encompasses physical, mental and spiritual genres.

Frannie B

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey craig,

I've got four patends, well, really two! Two here and two in Canada. I'd say that creativity, and this is a reflection of my religious beliefs, is our rational mind tapping into the spiritual realm and through reflection (inspiration) bringing it back into the phenomenal realm.

carmel

• Carmel
    Carmel

Blondie doesn't know it but I can "see beyond" that skimpy leather top..Now THAT's creativity!!!

caveman

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Thinking about everything 20 times more than it needs to be thought of. Or whatever Im sleepy. That's my unique thing I guess.

Don't think you have to create something to have a pretty good creativity I dunno.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit