JW Statistics

by Gretchen956 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

No doubt this was circulated on here before, but I thought it was very interesting:

http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm

• JCanon
    JCanon

Thanks, Gretchen, very interesting!!!!

Have a nice day.

JC

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

A lot of times it has seemed to me that their organization must be shrinking, but I can't prove it, obviously. These statistics surprise me because it actually looks like they're doing better than I expected. However, since almost everyone I know cheated on their time it makes me wonder how trustworthy their statistics really are anyway.

Gretchen

• stichione
    stichione

This I've visited this site a few times and found the information very revealing. Generally speaking, in countries which are considered more affluent, where internet access and printed material are available to do research on JWs we note that growth has levelled off somewhat, including: Canada, USA, Western Europe and Oceania. Other geographic locations such as Central and South America, Africa, and Eastern Europe growth is greater because access to information is not as readily availabe.

• Simon
    Simon

Also, note that for all the 'talk' of being international / world-wide ... the reality is that they are just another American evangelistic religion. Most members are from only 2 or 3 countries (if you line them up)

They seem to have peaked in a few countries but still taking advantage of lack of education in others.

The numbers baptised are all generally heading down which means future growth should slow and possibly decline.

Like many other similar religions, they seem to have got a boost from 9/11 ... hopefully this will be short lived though and 'normal service will be resumed'

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

Interesting thought, Simon - i looked at the figures and 1/3 comes from USA, Brazil and Mexico

• shotgun
    shotgun

Gretchen

A lot of times it has seemed to me that their organization must be shrinking

In Canada...1995 110,000 average publishers....2003 110,000 average publishers

Do we have to talk about shrinkage?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    In Canada...1995 110,000 average publishers....2003 110,000 average publishers

Hi Gretchen,

I am always suspicious of facts and figures that show the WT in a plus situation. I do think the Canada figures could be about right. In our area the same old ones are still plodding through their paces...I see no increase and no changes...just a bunch of increasingly aged old timers still jumping through hoops for their master, the WT.

Poz

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Do we have to talk about shrinkage?

Ack! Don't say that word!!!!

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

It looks like we are doing okey in the nordic countries. (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit