Cat-faced women

by onacruse 11 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Just one example of WTS misogyny:

Vindication 2 (1932) pp. 141-2

?The young men of Aven and of Pibeseth shall fall by the sword; and these cities shall go into captivity.? {Ezekiel 30:17} ?Aven? means ?vanity, wickedness,? and ?the young men of Aven? seems to refer to the strong ones of Big Business giving worship to the selfish and wicked things which are vain. Pibeseth (margin, Pubastum) was ?the abode of the goddess Bast (the lion-headed or cat-headed or lioness-faced goddess).? She represents Satan?s wife or organization which brings forth the false seed of promised blessings. Cat-faced or lioness-faced women are often the ready instruments of Satan and exercise a subtle and wicked influence over those about them and demand and receive homage to which they are not entitled . Of course the Devil is back of all this unrighteous course. Big Business assumes to be the seed that will give to the people what they need, and, like their mother, the cat-faced, lioness-faced goddess, it is sly, cunning and wicked. Logically they would worship their mother, who is in covenant with the Devil; hence the Devil?s organization is their goddess or object of worship. All of these wicked elements of Satan?s organization shall be destroyed.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Oh my Logan,

You do remember me from Dallas!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Big Business assumes to be the seed that will give to the people what they need, and, like their mother, the cat-faced, lioness-faced goddess, it is sly, cunning and wicked.

Yup, that's why I spent so much.

• logansrun
    logansrun

On a more serious note...

Isn't it interesting to read the WT's (I suspect it was mainly Rutherford's) extreme polemics against Big Business? The Society hardly even mentions "BB" anymore. Could it be that it's because they are a BB too?

B.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Down with Catwoman, yay Batman!

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

I found her!

PB

• reboot
    reboot

WHO/WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

B -

Could it be that it's because they are a BB too?

Saying that the UN was the Wild Beast didn't stop them from fornicating with "her", so I'm not sure this argument would apply in regards to BB. Perhaps they just allowed some of their former, more liberal thinkers to carry this torch?!!! Or maybe - just the radical moderates?!!!

growedup

P.S. Have I ever told you how great you look with a toasty tan?!!! LOL!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Who is that man or woman???

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Two words: Nip/Tuck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit