Just out of curiousity...

by thedarknesswithin 14 Replies latest jw friends

• thedarknesswithin
    thedarknesswithin

Is this forum official? I found it in a search result, but there appears to be in no way connected to watchtower.org. So I was just wondering if this was the real deal or just a JW forum doing it own thing?

• freein89
    freein89

Good Morning and Welcome Darkness!!!!!!!!!

No this is not an official JW site. Most of us are recovering JW's

Deb

• thedarknesswithin
    thedarknesswithin

recovering JW's?

I dont know what this means.

• freein89
    freein89

Oh, sorry Darkness,

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

Deb

• thedarknesswithin
    thedarknesswithin

I was, but not anymore. Today I'm merely a bored soul with an internet connection and an interest in religion and philosophy.

It just struck me as curious that a forum like this existed, when we were always told not to go to any other website other than watchtower.org (in regard to JW related info), because of the unknown of who was running it, and what they were saying on it, so as not to be stumbled by false information.

By recovering JW do you mean someone that has been disfellowshipped or left but has returned and wants to be reinstated?

• thedarknesswithin
    thedarknesswithin

*looks around*

Ah so this place is for ex-JW's and those fading.

Nevermind. Not what I was looking for, methinks.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Don't think this is going to keep you here but, I'm still a JW. Can teach you some things about JW's if ya want.

• flower
    flower
    Nevermind. Not what I was looking for, methinks

or maybe just what you are looking for but dont even know it. freedom can be a wonderful thing.

• thedarknesswithin
    thedarknesswithin
    Don't think this is going to keep you here but, I'm still a JW. Can teach you some things about JW's if ya want.

Heh, i was a JW since i was 6 til I turned 18. Thanks anyway though, but as I said before i was just a bored soul with an internet connection and an interest in religion and philosophy. While I was here last night I was also looking up Buddhism and Wiccanism.

or maybe just what you are looking for but dont even know it.

lol, I like the way you think.

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome! Yeah, I like the way Flower thinks, too.

There's some Wiccans on the forum, and I believe some Buddhists, as well as others who subscribe to many different ideologies.

Stick around, you would enjoy surfing the board a bit. I have been out for many years myself, it's a good group of folk here.

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit