Special K

Hi Sally

I'll see if I can find it...

SK

• Kenneson
  • Special K
    Special K

Bebu and Sally

There is definitely somthing going on with the WTS and this.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/73345/1.ashx

Is this the same one Kenneson just put up?

If so, .. Two .. for emphasis.

SK

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Actually, the WTS doesn't announce the "grounds" for disfellowshippings precisely to prevent lawsuits of this sort.

Of course, the "grounds" often get out through the rumor mill, and one could perhaps sue for that; but that would require the testimony and co-operation of the Witnesses who heard the rumor, so that's not very likely!

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

But if you "confess" to one elder confidential) you have met the wts made up confession requirements. If he call a JC and DFs you absinte then you can make a case for the the fact the elder you told in confidence leak it to the other elders. Maybe thats what I am trying to say. THe elders will be puzzled enought to probally leave you alone for fear of legal recourse.

Remember they are not paid for this and they don't really love their jobs. If they have to start consulting lawyers the lawyers are going to tell them to drop it because they dont really care about you individually plus less to explian to the CO.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

As far as the 'reason' getting around due to the rumor mill....

How many of you remember when, after a person was df'd, there would be a 'local needs' part on either that service meeting or the one the next week regarding certain 'unacceptable' behavior. We all knew it was the reason that the person in question had been df'd. I clearly remember numerous times that this happened. Someone would get dissed and then there would be a local needs part on fornication, or homosexuality, or smoking, etc. Of course, this has been quite a few years ago, but I always thought it was interesting.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Unless it's a heck of a good case, with plenty of evidence in your favor, and of course plenty of money and time to spend, I'd stay clear of messing with the WTBTS in the legal field.

DY

• Emma
    Emma
    How many of you remember when, after a person was df'd, there would be a 'local needs' part on either that service meeting or the one the next week regarding certain 'unacceptable' behavior. We all knew it was the reason that the person in question had been df'd.

I think there was supposed to be "enough" time between announcements so that you couldn't put two and two together. Of course since jw's don't have much else on their mind, it was always easy to figure out.

My family tried to get my father disfellowshiped for smoking when that rule came out in the '70's, but the elders wouldn't touch it because my dad hadn't claimed to be a witness for years. Either some congregations or maybe the society had been sued for defamation of character for df'ing people who'd left the org years before. I think I have the info correct...

• badboy
    badboy

I believe that it says in the KHs application for charitable status that they provide counselling,are they covered by confidentially?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit