Were You Filled With Guilt During Your Witness Days???

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was seldom guilty because I was a "good" JW. MOST of the Witnesses I knew always seemed to be guilty about one thing or another....Were you one of those???

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was always very "good" as a JW.

But not as good as I am now.

Walter

edited because I can't spell.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

If ya followed all the "principles" to heart everybody can find something to feel guilty about. Not studying enough or going out in fieldservice enough or listening to some "Jazz" music. That was pretty bad back in the day. Dancing instead of doing christian quizes at gatherings. Heh everybody can feel guilty over something.

I say I've only felt guilty about... 5 times? I was weird, the bad stuff I did I never let it get to me. And the not so bad stuff that my mom seems to be devil walking into our house. Like looking at a gun on a anime cartoon, or looking at somebody smoking on TV. That's the devil to her and I look at it without blinking. Am I evil? lol I never felt that way. I dunno, my insecurities came different ways, and I know everybody don't wanna listen to my ranting again so I'll just end it.

P.S. My mom would litterally trip over this innocent avatar. Prolly say it's mocking an angel or something. Or it's demonized cause angels don't wear suits. Crazy.

• New Castles
    New Castles

Yeah I felt guilty...did a couple of things no one knows about

So yeah I was kinda always looking behind my back

• minimus
    minimus

well.....you can tell us what nobody else knows about....It's ok....

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Nope. You have to take it seriously before you can feel guilty. Who can take religion seriously? I mean reading "the lord of the rings" and live after those rules ?!!! Come on, seriously?

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

hehe lazyslub. People believe in stuff all the time, puts meaning to life. Seriously, if I just get some friends that love me and all that stuff I would never need a heaven or a new earth or a hell. Life would be fulfilled.

• Sassy
    Sassy

GUILT? are you kidding?

even when I wasn't doing anything wrong.. there was still the guilt that one could do more..

I remember once a talk by a CO, saying that even COs and DOs could do more..

it affirmed in my mind that I should always keep that guilt there to push myself for it never being enough.. and must improve no matter how much you do..

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Was a good dubbie.

Felt guilty for what my ex's habbit though.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm still a good JW.

Well, maybe not, if you count lurking and posting on this website, of course.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit