Had the 'talk' w/ my dad last night.....

by TallTexan 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

If y'all remember, I posted a couple of days ago that I'd had the 'talk' w/ my mom and it went really well. Well, at her request, I had the 'talk' w/ my dad. Mind you, he's been in the truth since the mid-50's, elder, pioneer, etc, etc. I was really hesitant because he's always been more closed minded than my mom. Well, he was really receptive too. In fact, I damn near had them talked out of going to the assembly this weekend....lol. He shared with me a number of experiences from his time as an elder that had always made him doubt certain doctrines and practices of the JW's. It was really interesting and has really taken a load off my mind.

On the other hand, this morning I was confronted by my ex-wife who had come to pick my daughter up to take her to the assembly. She had asked to come over and use my PC last night and evidently had read 'all that apostate crap' that I've printed out and have laying on my desk. She started in on how the apostates were nothing but a bunch of lazy liars who didn't want to live by any moral code, didn't want to be told what to do, were athiest, disgruntled, and I was just wanting to have my 'ears tickled'. She said "As smart as you've always been I can't believe that you are going to allow yourself to believe all these lies on the Internet."......I said "Well, as smart as you've always been I'm surprised you can't see that you're under the mind control of a hypocritical, compassionless, loveless organization." and it kinda went downhill from there...lol. Here were some of my favorite quotes from her this a.m.:

On the UN - "How do you know that's REALLY the UN's website?" "Well, if it is the UN's website, how do you know they're not lying about the Society?" "How do you know the Society's response on THEIR website wasn't a forgery put in there by some PC-hacking apostate?"

There were some other priceless statements as well, but it gives the general idea that so many JW's are simply NOT willing to even consider that their organization is bunk. This should be interesting, because she's really working on my daughter to be the 'good little JW'. I haven't shared any of this with her yet, but she knows how I feel. I'm afraid though that my ex is going to really put pressure on her to move back to live with her. Anyway, just wanted to share. Thanks for listening...lol.

• Atilla
    Atilla

Very said and good luck with keeping your daughter from becoming a devout JW. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I'm glad things went well with your family.

As to your ex: with reasoning like that you can't be sure of anything.

How does she know satan didn't materialize and put that stuff in your printer? How does she know you weren't abducted by aliens and your brain was remapped to an unbeliever? How can you be sure she isn't the devil pretending to be her and trying seduce you into a cult that takes you away from god?

Baseless outlandish claims go both ways....

• Maya
    Maya

I'm glad the talk you had with your dad went so well.......that must be a tremendous relief.

and I hope you can somehow manage to keep your daughter out of the Borg's clutches.......

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

HAHHAHAH Tall Texan.. you're just like a Texan should be: pull no punches. Bully for you!

I'm glad the talk went so well with your Dad. When I presented to my JW relatives the same stuff, they said someone must have hacked into the UN website and said all that stuff. I asked my Mom "Well, if the UN personally sent you a letter that the JW's were part of their organization, would you *then* believe it?" she replied that she wouldn't. Some people's delusions are bone deep.

Good for you.

Country <I can't believe it's not butter> Girl

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Personally.. I love to have my ears tickled. Any takers?

Country <woo HOO> Girl

• franklin J
    franklin J

tall tex

I am glad for you that it went well with mom and dad.

It sounds from your post that you have custody of your daughter. If that is so, keep her. If she goes to live with your ex wife; you know how she will be raised.

good luck, Frank

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Tall Tex,

Keep giving your daughter the good info you find on the net. That way she'll get a balanced view of the org which will keep her thinking.

Devon

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    On the UN - "How do you know that's REALLY the UN's website?" "Well, if it is the UN's website, how do you know they're not lying about the Society?" "How do you know the Society's response on THEIR website wasn't a forgery put in there by some PC-hacking apostate?"

How does she know the WTS isn't teaching lies? Has she personally verified EVERYTHING they say? Has she checked the original manuscripts to verify the Society's bible is accurate? Has she looked up every reference in the "creation" book? On what basis did she decide that the claims of the WTS are accurate while dismissing the opinions of 6 billion other people on this earth?

If nothing else, the WTS can be refuted by contradictions in its own writings.

CG:

Personally.. I love to have my ears tickled. Any takers?

So do I!

Walter

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey your ex must have some of my mother's genes.. Back when sports was just begining to be broadcast on TV, late 50's, she was certain that the basket ball players couldn't really make baskets from so "far". It was all set up by trickery by the cameramen. They took shots of the ball going through the basket then replayed them eveytime a player shot... Really! She was certain that men would never be able to leave the atmospher on a space ship because that would mean they were escaping the "grasp of the devil" and you know satan never lets one person escape!!! Spose they are related???

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit