So I had this birthday the other day

by SixofNine 16 Replies latest jw friends

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Wow, Six!

I could really relate to your post here! First of all, I'm glad you had a good birthday, and that you got the added bonus of such a touching and welcome letter from your sister! I sure hope things continue to improve for you! *crosses fingers*

fwiw - I am 10 years older than my half-brother, and there is no stronger bond between me and any of my other siblings -- period. I think I might be able to relate to how your sister feels about you. There is just something really cool about being about 10 years old and having a real, live "doll" to play with! But the best part of all, is that the "doll" plays, too, and gives so much love back. And the most awesome part of all, is that as you turn 11 and 12 and 13 and 30 and 40, the love between the two of you just keeps on growing!!!! There is no substitute for that, "Six Doll"! As is said over and over and over again on this board, this stupid religion SUCKS!!!! But, I can guarantee that no matter what has happened between you and your sister, she loves you as much as she always did, if not more. And the reason she is keeping in touch with you is because she can't help it - most likely - you gave her the first dose of unconditional love she ever received! I hate to put words in her mouth or emotions in her heart, I just say this because I know it is true from my own experience! So, I am glad that the bridge has been laid down - and I hope and pray that both of you will be able to walk across it and meet each other somewhere in the middle! (And if that happens - do her a favor, will ya? Wear some kind of a warm and fuzzy sweater that you know she will love and appreciate!!!) Oh! And don't forget to tell us all about it!!!!!

Love to you,

Dyaneferahug (aka: Dyaneferanoogie, but will allow the change ---- for now!!!!!)

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Sorry I missed your birthday hon!!! I'm glad it was a good one!!!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday !! What an awesome thing to have from your sister! And you can read it whenever you want !!

Like my mom says when things go well for someone "You must live right"

Cheers to an upcoming GOOD year !!!

Hugs at ya my friend !!!

Lisa

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Wow, that's so cool about the letter. Your post made me cry.

• talesin
    talesin

Happy late birthday, six! This year is gonna be good, I feel it too.

I can relate to what you said about working so hard to have that relationship with family. Crying, stomping my feet, sometimes reasoning, has worked with my parents as well. Now, if only my brother could grow a heart ... I'd be in heaven!

I'm happy for you about your sis. *big smile here*

tal

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

That's really cool about your sister. I envy that.

Really, the only bad part was looking at what I didn?t get done in the year since my last day of personal honor and worship in opposition to God.

I'll expect at least 10 hours a month, not including study time, as well as converting JCanon to sanity. Or at least pants.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ok ... this is just for :

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit