Org quoting itself to prove arguments (circular reference?)

by indoubt 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Man, that is just plumbing the depths of low journalism.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I dont mind this as much, but hate more when they qoute a old watchtower or book. And after years of shrinking it they turn a hole article it into a catch phrase that barely resymbles the first. If you read the ariticles on disfellowshiping they actually start using past watchtowers as proof text instead of the bible. THe watchtower might as well start some citations with "as I always say" or "well this is what I think"

• uriah
    uriah

I believe that this is a common trick. You feed information to journals etc., and when they print the information in an article you can then legitimately 'quote' from it as a source backing up what you are trying to prove. The fact that you supplied the data is, of course, not mentioned. So the unsuspecting JW then reads this and says 'Aha or HO! Jeptha' and has it (say some doctrine)'proved' by the reference in a 'worldy' publication. He or she is then settled in their own mind that the argument is true and diseminates it to others. When the WTS has no references, they invent them such as "In one country a popular journal stated 'JW are the best people in the world, we like them a lot'" or 'One young witness reported "I have given away all my CD's and replaced them with kingdom melodies because it is pleasing to Jehovah"' - what a fine example for young witnesses today! The main trouble is that 'loyal'(tm) JW's swallow it all without a thought as to it actually happening or not, such is the mind control.

• zound
    zound

bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit