WTBS attitude towards vegetarians ...

by El blanko 27 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

Blondie people confuse JWs and SDAs all the time. How many times have people questioned me about blood transfusions? I cant remember but I would like to have a dollar for the number of times. Im an SDA not a vegetarian but I love the vegerian food when I can get some. Barry

• blondie
    blondie

Barry, I know there is more leeway among SDAs than among JWs, I am just going by my relatives that are SDAs that said that it was part of their religious beliefs. SDAs even ran a vegetarian restaurant in this area. We also served only a vegetarian menu when they visited.

I'm glad to see that they are not as rigid as the WTS.

Blondie

• dorothy
    dorothy

Gasp! I feel so ashamed...

My own retoric to vegetarians was "God said we could eat the animals." (said while giving the veggie a "where have you been?" look)

Sorry!

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I don't know why they aren't required to be vegetarians since they obviously will be in the NS(tm). All of their depictions of the NS indicate that they will be (as well as all animals - including the lion laying next to the little girl with the bowl of fruit) but it is interesting that I never heard a JW comment on that. Do they know that what they suggest is preposterous in that it would totally destroy the whole food chain concept??

As far as the health issue: Before I got baptised (age 13) and was going through the questions, they told me that if I had any questions - that was the time to ask them. My question was, since a person can be DF'ed for smoking because its bad for your body why can't people also be DF'ed for being fat (bad for your body) or using saccharin (it had a warning label at the time saying that it caused cancer.) THey laughed at me and had no good answer for my questions. I guess I only got to ASK the questions. I should have backed out till they could give me a real answer.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

El blanko....

Having flirted with meat off and on through my life
    Flirting with your meat is gonna get you some serious counsel . -BONEZZ
  • barry
    barry

One question. Why do vegetarians make there food look and taste like meat shouldnt they develope there own unique flavours.

• reboot
    reboot
    Not too sure about making your own medicines part, but eatring right sounds good. If I have a bacterial infection, I'd rather take an antibiotic from the DR than something I grew in my backyard

well, yeah if I need to I'll take anti biotics if I have to-though I hav'nt for 10 years..something i've grown in my back garden does have the benefit of being fresh, organic, and the origional source for alot of the synthetic meds your doc will prescribe you.I 'll put stilton of bad cuts as it prevents serious infections and chew willow twigs for headaches..willow was the origion of asprin; but whereas asprin will irritate the stomach lining., willow bark soothes the stomach and prevents internal bleeding.

And the plant lady's mantle(alchemelia mollis) will get rid of period cramps and many uterine problems and severe blood loss if the leaves are infused and drank as a tea-it's really light and softer than reen tea...could never get them to drink it on my bible study though , lol

• reboot
    reboot

I make all kindss of 'interesting' dishes Barry ...lol..... but sometimes my children want to eat something vaguely recogniseable as food and not a garden centre on a plate as it wa s once described.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit