How far can I trust my JW parents?

by Atilla 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've been debating about the whole child vs grandparents thing for a while. I don't think I could leave my kid(s) alone with my mother. I could see my dad asking them about inside information that is none of his business.

As for taking care of my parents when they're old, I wouldn't go too far. I would help them out, but not with money. It would also depend on my relationship with them. When I moved away from home, my dad got all wimpy and said, "Who's gonna take care of me when I'm old?" Then he told me that when he dies, he's not leaving me the house because of what I did (move out on my own)

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    How far can you throw them?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha that was my feeling exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Active Witnesses are the reason two of my sons shun me today. They were indoctrinated by the Witnesses and when they were out of high school they were told by the Witnesses that I am bad association. To go against that direction would be to go against their core beliefs and against people they love and respect.

I allowed my dad and other Witness people to come into my home and have weekly studies with my son. Those studies and those people turned my sons against me.

Now, active Witnesses are not allowed within 100 miles of my family. I would not let ANY Witness near my children EVER.

I'd say, if you have been a Witness and want access to my children, you had better be totally away from the Witnesses. Be disassociated and not engaged in ANY Witness activity of any kind for at least one year.

Then sign a contract with me that says if you bring up ANY religion topics with my kids you will give me the deed to your house and the title to your car.

• waiting
    waiting

If JW grandparents agreed to never mention anything religious to their grandchildren - and did that......wouldn't they be going against one of their strongest beliefs - "saving the lives of their loved ones"?

Yep.

What about "religous warfare"? What is a LIE according the the AID book? (great old threads on this btw).

A lie is an untruth told to someone who DESERVES a truthful answer. Otherwise, it's not a lie....and that is what the AID book (and a WT study article mid 90's) teaches.

So a grandparent is engaged in righteous religious warefare to save the very lives of their grandchildren against their sinning parents.....perhaps even Satanic (apostate) parents.

Yes, the grandparents will lie, cheat, & steal to accomplish this "Life Saving Work of Jehovah."

Don't trust them. Of course, there are some jw's who put their family over Jehovah the WTBTS. But they are few, and "spiritually weak" jw's.

waiting

• Ciara
    Ciara

You can't trust them at all. Period.

It is their hypocritical duty and they will do it against your preferences and direction.

Amen, Corvin.

Ciara

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit