Do YOU know how to WAIT?

by Roamingfeline 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

This is the title of an article in the Sept 1, 2000 Watchtower, which a JW brought to my door this morning. My husband answered, and it was very apparent that the woman was brand new to door-to-door work, and her companion was encouraging her. It was Saturday "push the mags" day, and so hubby asked if she had any Technical mags... he loves to play with them when they come to the door. The woman got so flustered, she pulled just about every mag out of her book bag, dropped them twice, and was shaking like a leaf! All the while, hubby was grinning and playing with her head. I finally took pity on the poor dub and took her mags just to get a couple of things to rip apart. I threw the Afake's in the rubbish, and looked over the two Wackytower's. Guess the dubs who are still left are chomping at the bit for their "paradise" Do they know how to wait?

Hell yes! 122 years worth of waiting! I'm just 'waiting' for them to make their return visit. Then it's MY turn for fun!

RCat

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

I thought you was going to talk about using the bathroom. You know it is hard to hold back when you have to use it.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Oh, so You're the one the brothers always had to clean up the puddles after in the Kingdom Hall floor, Fred. They finally had to start keeping you a supply of clean pants at the hall. Tsk tsk tsk...

RCat

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

At least we have a bathroom at our Hall. Is sad to say you can't say that about your home. So, keep filling those cups dude.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

ROFL! Is that the best you can do? They were right over on larc's thread. Your IQ is the size of a gnat's. lol

Rock on, Fred
    RCat

• dedalus
    dedalus

If memory serves, the "Do You Know How to Wait" article comes directly after a "The End Is Coming Very Very Soon" article (or something very much to that effect). Unbelievable.

Dedalus

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Rcat,

Your post about messing with the dub's heads reminded me of the last Jdub visit I received...
    I had lived in the same house for almost 10 years and many of the witnesses from my old hall knew where I lived...
    One day the bell rang and I looked out to see a car parked in front of my house, and a sister I knew very well standing at my door. Now, I have been DA'd for several years and the witnesses pretty much steered clear of my house...so I was surprised to see her, as I knew that she knew that I knew that she knew I was DA'd , out of curiosity, I opened the door and she smiled...acted like she'd never seen me before and tried to hand me a brochure, saying Would you like your copy of (whatever it was)? So I gave her the same sweet fake smile and nicely said, Nope!
    I had to laugh afterwards though as it was patently obvious they came specifically to my house...they weren't working my neighborhood that morning. All I can think tho, is that in her mind, she was doing me a kindness, giving me another chance so ter speak...
    I would have spoken to her more had she not pretended not to know who I was...I guess that even when they're trying to show kindness, they just can't quite seem to get it right.

Dana ("I gave it all....to the kingdom hall!") NOT

"A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

• JT
    JT

Fred you missed another chance again this AM
    just think fred if you had went to the meeting for service just maybe, just maybe the conductor or his Assistant didn't show up and you could have been able to take the group out , but then again i'm sure the sisters are instructed just to put some toliet paper on their head and do the text themselves

you should be out this am my man

i'm so happy that you have started you day off being here

i hope that you never leave fred
    while others get pissed off at you -- you my man are my CONSTANT FEATURE
    OF WHY not to be JW i just love to log on and see that you have posted something

you have almost 1000 post and not one of your post involve any discussion of any issues - blood, fds, dogmas NOTHING

all your post are just ONE LINERS

AND I LOVE IT MAN you are better than YK - he at least will go into some detailed explanation of some dogma

you on the other hand are a day late and a dollar short

like i said you have almost 1000 post and not one contains anything of substance- I LOVE IT

JAMES

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

lol@JT comments re: Fred

I've never seen anyone play their part so consistently for 1000+ posts. Bad spelling and all.

Back to the title of that WT, I had to really laugh when I saw that one. Like what kind of a subject is that? "Do You Know how to Wait?"

Sometimes I feel bad for those that have to come up with a presentation about a subject like that. But I feel sadder for those taking their beats because they are ready to die after waiting a lifetime for an empty promise. Like blame the pubs for getting impatient after waiting decades and decades of the "end is just around the corner." Talk about dangling the proverbial carrot and getting f$%#-all.

Kind of like waiting and waiting for a bus that never comes but you are too afraid to walk away after all that time, and you think that just when you leave it will come, so you wait and wait. What a waste of lives.

Path

• Moxy
    Moxy

for shame. placing magazines that are 9 months old??

"it's still valuable spiritual food."
    "the truth doesn't have a shelf-life."
    "someone once got the Truth from a magazine several years old."
    "the magazines never go out-of-date."

yes, they do. that's why they have a date at the top. working with publishers who had no qualms about using old, ratty magazines from last year or worse were so embarassing. by the way, the society actually discourages this. its just not mentioned very often and the notion that old magazines are just as valuable as new ones prevails at the congregational level.

the 'Waiting' article was certainly one of the odder cover series in recent memory. how much can you say about the topic of waiting? theres actually a box of tips, including: 'bring something to read' and 'plan your schedule so you dont have to wait as long' and many others. real ground-breaking stuff. one of those cover articles that no publisher with any measure of self-respect would actually try to FEATURE. the awake becomes the featured article by default. that happens more often of late it seems, or worse even, neither is a presentable subject.

mox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit