'Millions Now Living Will Never Have a Life'

by ISP 13 Replies latest jw friends

• belbab
    belbab

ISP, I was sitting here and my wife spotted this title, and she thought the title said, Millions now living will never be a wife. How many sisters out there, longed for a marriage mate and couldn't find one. Even the sister in one of this threads says she was only able to find a husband twenty-five years her senior.

A second point on this topic, that I remember from reviewing this subject some decades ago was this: In the original booklet the title was, Millions Now Living will Never Die. After 1925 the title became, Millions Now Living May Never Die.

Belbab, stormin'

PS For Carbuncle Fred, How come you always interject your comments when the subject scratchin' too close to home. Of course it would be presumptuous on my part to think you was doing it to break up the thread. To steer the herd in another direction? hmm?

• LDH
    LDH

Was it just me, or did anyone else laugh at the irony?!?!?

He built a trailer, and they named it Elizabeth. 'God of Plenty.'

Did anyone see ANYWHERE in the story where they had plenty of anything except self-induced hardship?!?!/

25 years her senior? Couple her youth with the ingrained thinking from the Society about Men being the head of their trailer and you have a built in lifetime maid!

Lord help her!

I really can't believe this is an example of a life story they would put in a magazine for millions to read! I mean at least, c'mon, put in more stories of young men who finished college and chose to use their law degree at Bethel!

YUCK!

• 68storm
    68storm

When I first discovered this little gem about brother Rottenford, I mentioned it to my estranged jw wife. She did not have a clue as to what I was talking about. About a week later, she very smugly tells me that she spoke with an older sister and she knew all about Beth Sarim(sp). The fact that this was deeded to the ancient worthies, and Rottenford lived the life of riley, while there was a deep depression going on, Flies right over their heads. In fact, it is my understanding, that they felt all tingly inside whenever it was mentioned.

Cult mind control anyone?

68storm

• ISP
    ISP

Lisa,I did notice the name of the caravan! If that was 'plenty' I wouldn't like to see 'scarce' or 'not much'!

LOL

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit