AUDIOSLAVE

by RAYZORBLADE 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Some of you remember Chris Cornell and former band members from Soundgarden.

Well, in 2002, he released, along with some other musicians, an album that I have liked, mostly via our numerous FM rock stations here in southern Ontario/Toronto city.

AUDIOSLAVE (2002), a self-titled album with some amazing songs on it. This is what I've been listening to endlessly since last night.

During Monday, June 14th's 'tornado warning' that went out over the radio, this song "I Am The Highway" went out over the stormy airwaves after 5:30 p.m., and for what it was worth, it sort of worked. It was haunting and unrelenting.

Anyone wish to share in their love of Audioslave?

OK, anyone wish to express their displeasure/dislike of Audioslave?

This entire album, which I purchased last night, is awesome.

I love it.

Some of you may remember the song "Like A Stone" which was played heavily in-rotation here in Canada.

Thanks! Listening to "I Am The Highway" for the 20th time.

http://www.audioslave.com

• FMZ
    FMZ

Audioslave are very good. I have liked Cornell since his earlier Sound Garden times. IMHO, he was much better in Sound Garden, but I think this is more due to choice of songs than his ability to sing... the uniqueness in his voice seemed to shine through much more back then.

But still, yep, Audioslave rock! If that's the only way I can get my Chris Cornell fix, then I'm ok with it.

FMZ

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

I also love Audioslave. I am the Highway is my second favorite after Like a Stone. There's several others on that album I listen too many times. I'm just glad that there's good music out there still.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I love Audioslave. They rock.

I am the Highway

Pearls of swine bereft of me
    Long and weary my road has been
    I was lost in the cities
    Alone in the hills
    No sorrow or pity for the leaving I feel

(chorus)
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky

Friends and liars don't wait for me
    I'll get on by myself
    I put millions of miles
    Under my heels
    And still too close to you
    I feel

(chorus)
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightening
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night

This song kills me. I cant get enough of it!

• avishai
    avishai
    Some of you remember Chris Cornell and former band members from Soundgarden.

Cornell is from soundgarden. I believe the rest of the band is from "rage against the machine"

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Correct Avishi. Together they kick major @ss!

Still like soundgarden tunes though.

• avishai
    avishai

Really? I think they sound more like rage. Big difference in guitar style between Kim Thayil and Tom Morello. Chris Cornell sounds good whoever he's with. Anyone remember the Temple of the Dog album? That was Chris Cornell backed by Pearl Jam. It rocked too!! The guy has like 8 different "voices"

• catchthis
    catchthis

Yep, Audioslave kicks @$$. The first 6 songs on the CD have all been singles on the radio. Not bad for a first album. I was a big RATM fan and wondered at first if Audioslave would make it with CC. Well they did. RATM was always good to listen to when you were feeling like overthrowing the government or something. Zach de la Rocha had a fairly good screaming voice for their style of music.

The other new band composed of mixed rock icons is Velvet Revolver. I was lured into them back when I first heard 'Set Me Free' off The Hulk soundtrack. Take a little Stone Temple Pilots, throw in some GnR, and add a pinch of Jane's Addiction and whammo, VR. I was lucky enough to see them in concert before their first album came out. They still have it.....mainly Slash and Scott Weiland. 'Slither' is their current radio single.

• yxl1
    yxl1

I was a little disappointed with the audioslave disc. I loved soundgarden and Chris Cornells solo album has entered my personal top10 of all time favourite albums. Audioslave, while having a few good tracks, didnt really get me off.

Still, the mans a f***ng genius..

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Still, the mans a f*****g genius..

Is the expletive essential to the narrative?

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit