According to the bible.....what were birds made of?

by gumby 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

According to the bible, man was made from the ground.....the dirt.

Do you know what "fowls" were made from? Take your pick.

From the waters.
    Gen.1:20-21
    "And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

Gen.2:19
    "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof."

"And gumby was confused" Gumby 4:7

Gumby

• shotgun
    shotgun

I know Storks bring babies...does that help..

Do you believe in Gumvolution?

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

It is clear to me Gummyone, that Adam had such a huge job naming those animals that came from 'the ground' that those hiding beneath 'the waters' didn't matter much to god or Adam.

So chewy person, the conclusion that must be reached is; god made the birds from salamanders.

Not to mention Adam did not have a face mask and snorkel or rubber fins, so can you blame the bastard?

Danny

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Your reading the two Geneis accounts and observing one of the many discrepancies. The P author has his god create life from the water in typical Babylonian style whereas the JE document has their god create from dust in older Summarian Akadian tradition. The Summerian tradiition seems to be specialized to an arid region needing irrigation for life to generate whereas the Babylonian is from a culture surrounded by water. I have oversimplified, but that is the basics.

• gumby
    gumby
    The P author has his god create life from the water in typical Babylonian style whereas the JE document

Who the hells P & JE? Do you mean PG&E....I owe them bastards money!

Pete ol' bud, can you give a reference or two

Dannybear, Adam was afraid of the water because the little fishies used to like to nibble on his foreskin when he'd try and go to them to name them. When he tried to name the "stone fish"....his eardrums damn near burst! Now leave to poor guy alone.....will ya?

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbuzzard

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Gumby! Dog gone you! Will you please stop stumbling me?!!!! I swear, I'm going to tell the elders, and there is going to be a JC, and you are going to be sooooooooooooo in trouble!!!

growedup

• Quotes
    Quotes

Well, I'm no expert, but in general, modern day analysis of the bible leads to the obvious conclusion that it is a collection of at least two, seperate, different creation stories.

These same analysts have given names, well, actually just initials, to the authors of the different sections. In certain circles, you just mention the name "P" or "JE" and everyone immediately knows what you are talking about.

It is amazing that I didn't learn ANY of this when I was "studying" the bible as a JW. I know more about the bible now than I ever knew as a JW.

~Quotes, of the "My Book of Bible Stories is violent, crude, and not suited for young children" class

• shotgun
    shotgun

Damn you Quotes!

What the hell are you trying to do to my big Gumbro.

He can't understand high falootin words like that with his grade 3 education...you lost him after you said "Well"

Gumb..just think back to that little birds and bees discussion we had, ya know about boys have stingers and stuff.

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

Heythere, gumby.

didja ever notice that when geese fly in that "V" formation, one side is always longer than the other?

Know why?

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit