Highlights from the August 1st Botchtower - are you humble and thankful?

by truthseeker 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

This is such a joke...

1st study article, page 9 - Jehovah Reveals His Glory to Humble Ones

there is great emphasis here on being humble, and having humility.

Don't forget guys, being a sheep is not so great - sheep are stupid - do you want to be a sheep?

para 5 - Humility - A Godly Quality

It may be surprising to some that Jehovah God, the highest and most glorious one in the universe, is the ultimate example of humility.....David in turn, knew that any greatness or glory he might achieve as king depended on Jehovah's humbly acting in his behalf. This realization helped David to remain humble.

para 6

What about us? Jehovah has seen fit to teach us the truth, and he may have granted us special privileges of service through his organization, or he may have used us in some way to carry out his will. How should we feel about this? Should we not be humbled? Should we not be thankful for Jehovah's humility and avoid exhalting ourselves, which would surely lead to disaster?

So, this is proof that the Governing Body believes that it is Jehovah God. We all know the elders are appointed by the CO, who in turn is appointed by the GB.

Take a look at this comment again...Jehovah has seen fit to teach us the truth, and he may have granted us special privileges of service

• gespro
    gespro

So um Truthseeker,

Are you trying to bury my birthday thread? Two in a row on the Friends area. Call me paranoid, but it seems your threads could go under a different catagory. Why Truthseeker, WHY? Why have you buried my birthday thread, oh Truthseeker?

gespro -having fun at others expense

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Not to get all biblical, because I don't really believe in that shit, but I believe they themselves fit the discription of the "disgusting thing" standing in a place where it ought not.

Even bible believers shouldn't be able to stomach this religion.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

These people think they have the holy spirit inside their bodies what do you expect. If they were trinitarian the would say they are vicars of christ or some type of latter day saint, oh wait I think some other religions has that angle.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: are you humble and thankful?

A. Hell no. Next question?

• gumby
    gumby
    Jehovah Reveals His Glory to Humble Ones

Jehovah does not.

He told moses he didn't let himself be known to others. I guess he liked moses the best over the other millions who lived scattered about during that time.

Jehovah "cherry picked" who he let himself be known by. Did the cannanites get a shot at getting to know him like the Israelites did? Did he give them a break over and over and over and over for idolotry like he did "his people"? No....he NEVER did. Why? Because this is a biased book, written by jews who are like the dubs, and like to feel everyone else is hated by god except "them" and is going to perish....or in the case of "Gods People, " he had them perish, destroyed, killed.

Ask any pagan at that time ...if you could...., what they knew about "Jehovah". They could tell you stories of what they heard......but did he let himself be known to them, help them, forgive them?

Gumby

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Grespo? Happy Birthday mate.

So um Truthseeker,

Are you trying to bury my birthday thread? Two in a row on the Friends area. Call me paranoid, but it seems your threads could go under a different catagory. Why Truthseeker, WHY? Why have you buried my birthday thread, oh Truthseeker?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

" he may have granted us special privileges of service through his organization, or he may have used us in some way to carry out his will. "

"How should we feel about this? "

• Answer - dubious of course, which would be humble (down to earth)
    • JW answer - postulant of course, accept the unreal (exalting)

"Should we not be humbled?"

• Answer - see above
    • JW answer - be submissive and believe our postulation ( in jw tongue, humble means submissive )

And remember folks, for complete confusion within yourself and your vocabulary, read more material from the wtbts - bearers of the good and evil confusion fruit.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Should we not be thankful for Jehovah's humility

is Jehovah supposed to be humble? where in the bible is he referred to as a humble god? anyone?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Gumby said:

Jehovah does not.

He told moses he didn't let himself be known to others. I guess he liked moses the best over the other millions who lived scattered about during that time.

Numbers 12: 3 (Now the man Moses was very humble, more than all men who were on the face of the earth.)

Numbers 12:6-8: Then He said, " Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the L ord , make Myself known to him in a vision; I speak to him in a dream. Not so with My servant Moses. He is faithful in all My house. I speak with him face to face, Even plainly, and not in dark sayings; And he sees the form of the L ord . Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant Moses?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit