More Beautiful PHOTOS at the very tip of mainland Britain

by Celtic 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Earlier on this evening, I packed sarny's, took a bottle of drink with me, camera and headed off to the far west to the cove at Porthcurno, one of my particular favourite stretches of coastline around here, Porthcurno is the place from which the very first transatlantic cables were laid from connecting the UK to the USA. Just to the left of the very pretty cove, with the finest possible sand is the incredible and visually stunning Minack Theatre, a 750 seater amphitheatre carved straight from the cornish granite cliff from whence the views are staggering, next on to Lands End via Polgigga and Trethewey, a few miles after which the setting of the sun between Cape Cornwall and Lands End itself. The lighthouse picture is The Longships, with the Scilly Isles in the very far distance, beyond that is the USA, I waved to you all from here, the most westerly point in the country.

As per usual to enlarge pictures, click on them, they only take a second or so to load, then hover your cursor over the bottom right side and if a directional icon shows up, click again to make even bigger.

Hope you all enjoy them as much as the pleasure I had earlier this evening walking by myself these cliffs and sands.

Hugs to all you ruddy balmpots!!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Wow!!! Beautiful pix!!! All I have to see where I live is a bunch of run-down Crack houses... My bags will be packed tomorrow, when can you pick me up at the airport???? You are truly blessed to live around such beauty!!!

• kls
    kls

Celtic, i had no idea Britiain was so beautiful. Thankyou for sharing and i am very jealous.

• Celtic
    Celtic

A few more similar plus one of my latest garden design project I'm working at extending into a Japanese water garden theme at Feock near Truro.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Gorgeous, thank you! (balmpot... heeheehee!)

Odrade

• kls
    kls

Celtic, again thankyou . I am going to put them on my computer as a screen saver.

• kls
    kls

AH, one thing Celtic, what is a sarny's?

• Celtic
    Celtic

sorry, the garden pictures are not loading too well, too much colour enrichment I guess for the software to handle it, anyway, the last one above is a Newlyn fishing trawler and in the foreground is The Lizard Lifeboat.

Goodnight!!

• Celtic
    Celtic

Sorry, sarny is a sandwich, in this case filled with salad, I munched them whilst sat atop a 4000 year old stone hedge listening to birdsong as the sun set, just wish I had a had someone there to hold my hand and appreciate the view together, that twould a been nice, oh well.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Thanks for sharing the kewl pics!!! Awesome scenery......

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit