Ozzie's Weekend Poll #98

by ozziepost 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

'Owyergoin' this weekend? I hope life for you is full of hope of something better.

Mrs Ozzie and I went to a picnic with friends today. Glorious winter sunshine at a 'country music style' picnic grounds and showgrounds. Food was good from their kitchen and, of course, I took along some red! A change of pace was just what was needed. Very relaxing!

Looking around at groups of people living out their lives, I got to thinking about the areas of life that the Borg influences the R&F. That brings me to this weekend's poll question:

What was your opinion of sisters who dyed their hair?

1. Shameless hussies!

2. Gorgeous!

3. They must have been "weak in the Truth".

4. They were "new ones".

5. None of my business.

6. Wondered how many of the brothers dyed their hair black.

7. Thought the elders should give a "Special Needs" talk about it.

8. Looked it up "in the Index".

9. Wondered why they bothered.

10. Other (please detail)

Now don't get me wrong. This has nothing to do with "sisters only" - we all had an opinion - right?

(BTW Mrs Ozzie and my daughter dye their hair - now.)

So then, own up, what did you think? Enquiring minds would like to know!

Enjoy.

Cheers, Ozzie

Blessed are the bewildered - for they won't notice! (Spike Milligan)

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    10. Other (please detail)

I think any effort at self-improvement is commendable.

1. Shameless hussies!

I like shameless hussies!

6. Wondered how many of the brothers dyed their hair black.

I dyed mine dark brown a few times to hide the grey. I normally did it when between contracts because I was competing for jobs with guys half my age.

Walter

• Scully
    Scully

I got in major trouble with my father when I was about 16 for going a couple of shades lighter than the mousy brown colour I had been Blessed With?. The thing is, he hadn't noticed it at all until some Sister? in the congregation mentioned to him how nice my hair was "blonde". On the way home from the Meeting? I got yelled at, belittled as a "tramp" and was forbidden from ever doing that again under my father's roof (in front of my siblings). Once we got home, my mother started on my case too. Apparently, I'd "ruined it" for her too.

Personally, I had no opinion about it up until then. Then I just thought the whole "control" thing and the women being In Subjection? thing was the biggest pain in my backside.

Irony alert: my mother was a hairdresser.

Love, Scully

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Either,

2. Gorgeous!

Or

5. None of my business

Some sister's looked great with dyed hair. Others did it to hide gray. So what!

What about brothers then? That was always funny. How about closet baldies?

3rd

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Scully,

Did your mom dye non-jws hair, believing it to be a 'hussy' thing that 'others' did ?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Since I had been coloring my hair (off and on) since I was 13, I never thought a thing about it. It was normal.

Now, when one of the men dyed his hair, I thought they were terribly vain.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Other- Was envious of them because of the freedom they had.

• simplesally
    simplesally

LOL!

I was not bothered at all

Sally

(of the been red, been blonde, been platinum class)

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

There was a pioneer sister in one of the congs. that I went to in Northern Minneapolis who insisted on dying her hair Jet Black. I do not mean just any ole' black, I mean BLACKKKKKKKKK! An Abyss could not be any blacker. She was a wrinkled stuck up prune as it was, with pale glow-in-the-dark skin, yet she insisted on always dying it, and would wear Hot pinks, Magenta, bright greens, and other flourescent colors to "Accentuate" her hair. She would also dye her eyebrows, and lashes, and Gawd only knows what else!-(I cringe to think). She thought she was it! It was so unnatural looking....

The above is just a one of a kind unusual experience, and I do like it though when ladies dye their hair, and style it differently. Tones and highlights are good. I get jealous that ladies have so many options with their hair, and it usually looks great afterwards, and deserves a hearty "Wow", that looks great, but most of us men with receding hairlines do not have near the options....

• Soledad
    Soledad

#9 why they bothered

very common among latinas to dye their hair, except some of us have darker skin tones and well, bright orange just doesn't do it!! I saw way too many sisters that had penny-colored (trying to go blonde) hair and it looked so ugly!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit