At what point would the average witness start to question their beliefs?

by skittles4u 23 Replies latest jw friends

• skittles4u
    skittles4u

Would it be after this "system" continued on and on and on, knowing armageddon hasn't happened.

How about the issue of love, the fact that it isn't as great as they claim

And on and on.

At what point would the masses start wondering ' hum, maybe nothing is coming after all'.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

At the point that they would start to actually use their own brain, rather than that of the "Collective"...

• skittles4u
    skittles4u

Then is it fear keeping them in or something else?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

When they question themselves and start looking at the reality of the world around them.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Yes, I think fear has quite a bit to do with it also. While in, there is always fear that if you were not doing what they said, you would be destroyed at Armageddon. Also the fear of losing all of your family and friends that are in the org. There is a lot to lose for those that stray, and the WBTS knows this, that's why they continue to use their "Scare Tactics" on people. Even those that do question oftentimes keep those questions to themselves, for fear that they do not get labeled "Apostate".

• skittles4u
    skittles4u

Why would the reality of the world around them help them change their views on their religion?

• skittles4u
    skittles4u

I believe fear is very big, especially since any witness is not even allowed to question their beliefs in the first place.

So for someone to get to that stage is huge in itself.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

In itself looking at the world wouldn't do anything, after all you can always interpret it through the JW belief system - that's why I first mentioned questioning yourself, like do I really know this is the truth? Basically what I am getting at is taking a fresh, honest look at everything as it is without that interpretation.

BTW, nice xray of Homer.

• skittles4u
    skittles4u
    that's why I first mentioned questioning yourself

I totally agree with this - it should apply to everything we do not to mention one's religion.

BTW, nice xray of Homer
    It's a classic, can't go wrong with homer simpson.
  • FMZ
    FMZ

To answer the original post....

When they realize it's all bullshit,,, lol

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit