Opinion: does the WT 7-15 portray a Black Jesus?

by ezekiel3 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Never mind. I really wasn't trying to turn this into a tit-for-tat which it has become unfortunately. Just trying to point out that I don't appreciate people making stereotyping jokes and that there is what I consider to be a ridiculous and annoying double-standard about what sort of jokes white people can make about blacks versus the opposite. And that blacks are more racist than whites, IMO.

• bigboi
    bigboi

Dude if you have problem with MTV and what Outkast does in their video, then write a letter to VIACOM and Arista. Don't expect me to modify my behaviour to suit your inadequecies.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Not only do we not know what JC complexion was.Hello! we don't even know for sure what his real name was! Mary his mother did not call her firstborn baby Jesus.We don't even know for sure for his native tongue was.

But ya know what?It is wonderful that we can carry on free debate like this and not rely on WT bound volumes or the insight book for the final say.

Luv you all Undaunted Danny

• avishai
    avishai

I hear ya Dan. It's the same as male bashing, it's OK for Girls to wear shirts like "Boys lie", etc. OK for women to make all thes Men are pigs comments, men, black and white, in sitcoms are generally loveable buffoons who's problems always are solved by the long suffering, wise woman of the show. It's total bullshit.

And, yes. It's still OK to make comments about whitey in this society, but the reverse would probably get you thrown off this board.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Don't expect me to modify my behaviour to suit your inadequecies.

Oh, I fully realize that you will continue to be a racist black.

• bigboi
    bigboi

First a video, now a tee-shirt.

Yeah, I'm sorry you guys have it so hard nowadays.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Circa winter 1979 summer 1980 in that 1 year time slot the Watchtower did a pic of JC on the front cover of the WT.That looked exactly like Elvis.Somebody dig it up.

The point is the WT$ is demonic from the get go and exist to stir up contentions[James 3:15,16] and will morph JC pic to generate the most fan base and the most $$.

Anything for a buck.

[Edited I just remembered the Elvis pic was the first debut WT cover that was in 'color' all preceeding publications were B+W.

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Oh, I fully realize that you will continue to be a racist black.

I missed this gem.

Ok, I got a question for you. Why did you zero in on my post when Corvin made a post that, according to your reasoning, also puts whites in a bad light?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

It appears that everyone has missed the most valuable point in the picture.....Jesus STILL has a beard, and has turned into a "Santa" beard, yet he still has not been Disfellowshipped for it!!!

• avishai
    avishai

LMAO @ ohiocowboy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit