Go Pistons!!!

by Aztec 19 Replies latest social physical

• Aztec
    Aztec

They are outplaying the Lakers at every turn and I love them for it! I predicted (not here but elsewhere) that the new bad boys would take it in 5. Call me a psychic...ROFL!

I'm may be in love with Ben Wallace. He's amazing! I don't want to make any California residents hate me but, I hate the Lakers! My second wish beyond the Pistons winning is to see the Lakers horrified. I don't dislike the fans, just the media who are so apt to hand the crown to the clowns that are currently inhabiting LA. I think Detroit can take it. I think they can make us all proud of the underdog!

Go Detroit!

~Aztec

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Wow, very brave post considering that 5,000 people who post here are from Cali. Me personally, could care less about the price of tea in China. Basketball just isn't the same as it used to be.

zugz

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think they shot their wad Thursday night. *Everything* went the Pistons way, and Kobe had a terrible game. The Lakers have their work cut out for them, but I would never misunderestimate KobeShaq.

A really dominating victory like that can result in overconfidence. Tonight should be a great game.

Dan, very-amateur-sports-prognosticator class

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    and Kobe had a terrible game

Kobe may be a tad distracted right now due to events in Colorado.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Go Pistons!!!

Yes, "GO", "Leave", "Get out-of-here".... !!!! (from L.A.)

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm rooting for the Pistons!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

I agree - go Pistons! Enough of the Hollywood Lakers and their arrogance. Enough of Jack Nicholson and his ilk already.

This series should already be 3-0 Detroit. I know that the Lakers are missing Malone (physically) and Payton (mentally), but who's crying for them? Minnesota pushed the Lakers to 6 games even without a functioning point guard for the entire series!!

I like the Chauncey Billups - Richard (Rip) Hamilton backcourt. We should've kept Chauncey here in Minnesota and should have drafted Rip instead of Wally Sczcerbiak. D'oh! Then we in Minnesota would be on our way to a title this year.

But no, it's Detroit's turn this year. Go Pistons!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Another Wolves fan just saying - "GO PISTONS!!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter. I never liked the Lakers...(ok not when they were the Minnesota Lakers, but that was before I was born so I don't have to be beholden to anyone for that). I really dislike that they think they can play half-assed and waltz away winners. That's just a piss poor attitude I don't care how much of a superstar you are.

And Azzy I am so with you...BEN WALLACE = YUM! God he is so beautiful to watch!! Not as beautiful as KG mind you, but I'll take what I can get

GO PISTONS!!

• Gopher
    Gopher
    ...when they were the Minnesota Lakers

Actually they were the Minneapolis Lakers. George Mikan was the first superstar "big man" when he played center for the Lakers' championship teams from 1949 through the 1950's. (This was before there ever was a Wilt, Kareem or Shaq.)

There are no lakes in or near Los Angeles. There are seven sizable lakes inside Minneapolis city limits.

And too, there are no dodgers in Los Angeles (people dodged the trolley cars in Brooklyn), and San Francisco is not a "giant" city but New York is.

Oh, feh. I'll quit now.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hugs for Sassy and Gopher! Thank you's so much! My team is dominating and I'm enjoying it very much. We're up 3-1 and I think the sports world is reeling a bit at the moment. "Stop kissing up you media idiots!"

Jojo, ain't Ben cuuuuuute?! I love the lopsided 'do'! I have a "thing" for Chauncey though. He's the heartbreaker!

I'm picking Detroit in 6. I think the stupid Lakers will rise again for at least one game. I only hate the Lakers for one reason. They shut out my Bad Boys when I was a teen. I went to bed sobbing cause the Magic era Lakers beat up my team. I've yet to let it go.....

Although Detroit will win I don't think it will burn. Screw you Jimmy Kimmel! LOL!

Go Pistons!!!!!

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit