Watchtower Convention= Kitchener ON Canada- PLEASE GET INVOLVED

by apocalypse 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

The 2004 convention season is under way, and we are going to the "Walk With God" District convention at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium June 18-20,2004

Now, we had a letter read out that said:

1) DO NOT CONTACT the Auditorium. http://www.city.kitchener.on.ca/aud/contact_us.htm

2) The food vendors would be "disruptive and expensive" if allowed to open.

3) The Auditorium would "forbid any food, even for those with special dietary needs" if allowed to open.

4) Do not go to restaurants, basically during convention hours. (Pre-session, or lunch.) You have to go to a grocery store and buy your bread and meat, cut the bun yourself, put the meat on it, and wrap it yourself. Jehovah's Witnesses are hereby BANNED from a hot lunch or breakfast!

Bending the rules, elders have said that if you want to go to a fast food place, then conceal the food before bringing it in. For example, "pour your Tim Horton coffee into a thermos". "Pack you Big Mac in a brown paper bag"

The real reason that Watchtower doesn't want the vendors open:

They don't want the competition for the available funds.

If Jehovah's Witnesses are forced to bring their lunch, then there's only one place to put their money.

IN THE CONTRIBUTION BOX.

The presence of vendors would cut deeply into their "take" as fixed available funds would find their way into the vendors tills instead od Watchtower's coffers.

Proof for outsiders: Go to the convention early and watch the hundreds upon hundreds of CONTRIBUTION BOX (es) magically appear just before the throngs come in, then disappear after the sessions start. The boxes, now empty, magically re-appear in still larger numbers just before lunchtime only to disappear as sessions resume post lunch. They re-emerge, again empty, just as the sessions finalize to drain off the funds of those who pass by.

THE SCIENCE OF MONEY.

I believe Watchtower LIED. Do the "vendors" insist that if they are open, JWs cannot bring in ANY food.

Let's have the truth.

Contact "The AUD"

Mailing Address
    Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Complex
    400 East Avenue
    Kitchener, Ontario
    N2H 1Z6

Staff Contacts
    Administration Office
    Kim Kugler Manager(519) 741-2544
    Sue OrlikAdministrative Assistant(519) 741-2664
    Bob Stevenson Supervisor, Building Operations(519) 741-2546
    Jeff CoulterSupervisor, Event Operations(519) 741-2617
    Ann EvoyFacility Booking Coordinator(519) 741-2545
    Kay LeeInformation Clerk(519) 741-2699

General Info Number: (519) 741-2699
    Box Office: (519) 745-0303 or 1-800-265-6368
    E-mail: [email protected]

• apocalypse
    apocalypse
    Food Services
    Doug Farrell Manager (519) 579-5622
    Mona Bauman Suite Supervisor (519) 579-5622
    Cindy Webb Restaurant Supervisor (519) 579-5622
    Restaurant Reservations (519) 579-5576
  • ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Check out this posting, and note that every convention center gets this policy.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/72160/1.ashx

• Ozner
    Ozner

I can imagine the problem for the WTS: here in the Netherlands, brs&zrs walk during the program to the nearby Mcdonalds, buy coffee and donuts and walk back to their seat with their hands full with food and other stuff during the program. I did it also, but I can imagine some hardlines dont like this...

• somebody
    somebody

apocalypse,

The real reason that Watchtower doesn't want the vendors open:

They don't want the competition for the available funds.

I agree that that is the REAL REASON that the Watchtower don't want food vendors to open at their conventions. that is the same reason why they make arrangements with Hotels at cheaper rates too. The "arrangement" helps the watchtower conventioneers give that myuch more money to the Watchtower Inc. One excuse the WT give in it's insider Kingdom Ministry is that if they permitted food vendors to open at their conventions, then wordly people would be mixing in the company of them during the day. *** km 5/99 p. 5 1999 ?God?s Prophetic Word? District Conventions *** "Lately, building managers and food vendors in the facilities where our conventions are held have observed some brothers leaving the auditorium to purchase food from street vendors and fast-food establishments nearby. Some of the food vendors in the convention facilities being used are now demanding that they be allowed to open their food stands and serve the delegates attending our conventions. If this were permitted, many worldly people would be mixing in company with us during the day." A few paragraphs after....

"Because we welcome the public to our conventions, ..."

The question is...What is the difference between the public and worldy people? They don't want wordly people mixing in their company during the day but the WELCOME the public to mix in their company during the day?

By the way, has anyone phoned anyone in the administrations department yet? Just curious.

peace,

somebody/gwen

• just_lookin
    just_lookin

Wow. I thought that all this food BS was just here in Australia. It would seem that Canada had exactly the same letter read to them as we did!!! I have the impression that we had to pay food vendors to keep away, and from the letter it would seem that we could be up for more charges if they open. I dont feels so bad now. It's everywhere...

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Well, here it is. I called the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium, and spoke to those in charge. I bet Watchtower's gonna be pissed at me.

At first, I couldn't get the manager, Kim Kugler. I got her later though.

First, I got Bob Stevenson who is in charge of such things. I told him that Watchtower had told us that the reason the Watchtower didn't want the vendors open was that The Auditoroium management would NOT allow for "the special dietary needs" of the minority who have food alergies.

He replied "I can't believe that... I don't know where you are hearing that from" and I went on to inform him that Watchtower had a few letters written and read out repeatedly at all of our Kingdom Halls in preparation for the Convention. He was dismayed, and told my that I should call Kim Kugler.

I called her many times till I got her secretary who put me on hold. Then I spoke to her personally.

I told her that Watchtower had told us that the reason the Watchtower didn't want the vendors open was that The Auditoroium management would NOT allow for "the special dietary needs" of the minority who have food alergies. She was quiet on the other end.

She said that they, the management, had asked to provide the food service but Watchtower said that "they (WT) were encouraging familes to eat together". I could quickly see that the ivory Tower gave her some cockamamie excuse because they didn't want to tell the truth. Let's see how the TRUTH would sound here:

"Well Kim, Watchtower wants all the pie, and we always get the WHOLE pie and you aren't gettin' any pie. If we allow your concessions to open, then there's gonna be a whole lot less pie in our contribution boxes. So stick your food service up your concession stand..."

Nope, I guess they couldn't tell the TRUTH here...

So, I explained to Kim that Watchtower tells one thing to one person, then completely another to someone else. That's the way the Governing Bastards work. And they have been caught more than once in their lying schemes. Kim went on to say that it's NOT TRUE that they were unwilling to allow food and that "they would be accomadating".

Please call Kim Kugler at the number listed, and tell her that "Watchtower has painted the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Management AS EVIL, stubbornly refusing to make allowance for those with "special dietary needs". How cruel you are Kim Kugler for being so heartless, refusing to allow some sick children and elderly their food, making them starve!"

Evil KIM....

Call now, and tell Kim that Watchtower also said that the Auditorium's vendors are "too expen$ive"

Tell Kim that elders are telling the members to buy their Burger King/Tim Horton/McDonalds stuff anyway and repackage it before entry.

• Quotes
    Quotes

apocalypse, you $H1T disturber!

I love it!

Kind of reminds me how all those years we were told that "JWs are known for their HONESTRY, above all else".....

Of course, it isn't considered "dishonest" and therefore isn't considered a "lie" if the recipient of the falsehood "didn't have a right to truthful information": see LIE: Definition

• Sabine
    Sabine

It all stinks - reminds me of the Tacoma Dome parking ticket scandal that was exposed.

Well said and done!

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I love when the WTBTS gets exposed!!! Dirty lying bastards!! Thanks for posting the results of your phone calls.

Sabine - do tell....I've never heard of the Tacoma Dome parking ticket scandal???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit