Back at work (fluff)

by Yerusalyim 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Well, after the adventures with my dad I'm back at the grind stone. It's been seven days since I've had a cigarette...woohoo.

We get the day off tomorrow....to mourn Pres Reagan...the whole Army is shutting down it seems...I had to keep my students late tonight and again on Monday to catch up...they don't give me extra days when they borrow time from us this way.

One of my students is the neice of Kofi Annan...I thought that was kinda neat.

I miss being home with my Dad...I didn't miss work, but now that I'm in the thick of it again...I like it. It's just all the darned paperwork and anal retention in this place I dislike...I love teaching though.

How's work treating you?

• Badger
    Badger

TWO MONTHS OFF....Work is great!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Bet you're glad you are not marching down the streets of Washington in your dress uniform, in the heat and high humidity. I really felt empathy for those guys. Bug

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Shutter,

Been there, done that, got the T'shirt. I was part of the 50th Anniversary of the Airborne celebration in 1990. Marched in July for Bush 41.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

During my time in the Air Force I had to march in one off base parade which wasn't too bad as the temp was around 80 degrees, but it seemed a lot hotter. I've been to Washington in the summer and it is hot and muggy. Wearing a dress uniform would add to the misery index. Bug

• copsec
    copsec

Yeru,

You never called me!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

copsec,

I'm a bad boy, I was spending quality time with my Dad and got so caught up in it that I ignored everything else I had planned...sorry....I am interested in you November idea though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit