It's About INVENTORY, Stupid!

by Farkel 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR !

Greediness has motivated the Watchtower to do this across many decades.

Many years ago, they continued to 'sell' the "Comfort for the Jews" book long after they

rejected Zionist prophecy. During the eighties, they continued to 'sell' off various publications

that contained the failed 1975 chronology as well as other books that 'sold' poorly

- until they got rid of them. They also published other works lacking in content or quality

simply to get money from guillible publishers - such as "Holy Spirit" or the horrendous

Byington bible.

metatron

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

When we were assigned a South American congregation we discovered crates of books being stockpiled because the congregation members could not afford to purchase them for resale yet the local branch thru the 70's had actually imposed quotas on each congo for literature purchases and new converts. In other words the fellas had continued to order books and mags they knew they could never move to keep up the appearance of success. There were books over 40 years old. Yet 2/3rds the congegation did not have the materials for the meeting. I asked the branch coordinator if some sort of amnisty regards the debt could be arranged, he was adamaent that the books not be destroyed and the debt was to be payed off. Guess who payed. I then gave the books to the congregation for free to peddle for anything they could get and to take the money to pay for a new tin roof on the aging shack they called a KH. I also used "congregation " money to buy books for any who needed them for the meetings. There was talk about the rebel PO in the whole country. Some in the congo actually wrote the branch to complain that I was not following the Society's arrangements! I then had a huge bonfire and praised the congregation for selling all the books. Amazing how deception begins to seem justified when doing what is right results in nothing but grief.

• zugzwang
    zugzwang
    I remember the second go-round in the Revelation book, and my husband and I did not get new copies. We were the only ones in the study group who noticed the editing jobs that the Society had done in various places, because everyone else had the ones with New Light? in them. - Scully

I remember this as well. It would always be so funny when the reader's copy was different from everyone else's. All these faces of brothers and sisters with this lost "what is he reading" look on their faces. Oh, the memories!

zugz

• zugzwang
    zugzwang
    I can't believe that the book is 678, 324 pages long! At the rate of 100 pages per day, 7 days a week, it would take about 17 years to read it. Did I calculate wrong? I didn't think any book could physically be that big to hold so many pages.- azaria

If you think those numbers don't add up trying figuring out how in the course of 1900 years (from 33 to 1935) only 144,000 Christians were around to be "anointed." That comes out to about 75 Christians per year. One congregation per year? Makes perfect sense. zugz

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I under stood every word of the babylon the great has fallen...

what I could not believe is that they expected me to take that self serving bull $#!+ seriously.

• gespro
    gespro

I remember it taking 2 years to get through the scarlet covered book.

As a kid I remember trying to hold onto the points and trying to making sense of it all, and with an attention span of an amoeba, hopelessly drifting and trying desparately to again grasp onto something that made sense. This was my everlasting nightmare especially with that book...I could go on - but somebody shoot me now...

gespro -the more than slightly traumatized amazing smoking baboon

• jgnat
    jgnat

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit