What sister elder said at the book study..........ARRRGH

by Pistoff 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    I guess its just a knee jerk reaction or a defensive thing. If they dont spout this crap, they'd probably just curl up in a foetal position and start quoting John 3 16 over and over again. Most of the time, they say these things without even engaging their brains. I dont get angry with them anymore,I just pity them.

That is so true. I really don't think most of them have the ego strength to handle the real truth. They would probably have a nervous breakdown! It's just extra sad that they would rather fault innocent abused children over the Society. Disgusting!

• desib77
    desib77

Desi

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

words fail me -I think I want to vomit

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Glad,

Good to know about Dateline not using anything that couldn't be proven. I was basing my assessment on a couple of stories they've done on situations I was familiar with and KNOW that in those cases there was a LOT of playing loose with the facts.

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

I remember saying stupid generic things like that myself years ago to protect that the "we are Gods organization" bubble. Well the bubble has long since burst and now one can see the damage and carnage.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

It amazes me to no end how JWs adamantly refuse to listen to anything that doesn't directly come from the WTS. I'm fed up with the "We are right because we said so" mentality. Elitist jerks.

• cuddlepie
    cuddlepie

Ahhhh so bad things never happen to jws...DOh!!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I have one just as good! This was actually THE moment when I said this is all crap and pretty much walked away. I'm at the assemble... jeez this musta been 3 or 4 years ago now and the elder dickweed is up talking about how jehacka protects us and the organization and he said... they were building a convention center in russia and the roof wasn't on and there was a big storm coming and they didn't have time to finish the roof and the bros worked around the clock and the storm held off and held off and as soon as the roof was done it started snowing... **big sigh of appricaiation and slapping**

ok this is where it gets sureal (i swear i'm not making this up how could i its just to good) the very next experience is how quickly the brothers in the bahamas rebuilt the convention center there and about 14 kh's after a hurricane busted the shit out of them... hahahahahaha this crap is so good it's almost worth going to the assembly this weekend!!!

I'm actually pretty lucky family wise i'm going to the convention city with my wife (jw) my two daughters 2 and 7 months (not jw's and never will be) and my mother and father in law (jw's and elder) and grandmother (jw) i'll hang out at the hotel play golf in kissimee and take my oldest to sea world on saterday and they won't hassle me at all so i'm not complaining!

• amac
    amac
    Now over the year, this story got translated as "God protected this brother because he chose spiritual things over physical things." A sister gave this answer at the hall to a similar question and I about wanted to puuuuuuuke. In essence, what she was saying is that God allowed the death of the other 14 brothers and sisters that day because they chose to support their families? The WT conductor did not even correct the sister..

I was at a dinner party about a year ago where someone related that same story and derived that it must have been Jah's protection. The good part about it is it was over dinner so only one person was talking at a time...so when she finished I was able to get everyone's attention and tell them about the guy who worked at the World Trade Center and when his wife saw the news she called his cell. He answered, she asked him where he was and he said he was at work and asked why. She knew he was lying and it turns out he was at his Mistress' house!!! So I concluded the story asking I wonder if Jehovah protected him too....haha! (I have no idea if that story is true, but it certainly made the rounds after 9/11.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit