Rennaisance Pleasure Faire (pics)

by ApagaLaLuz 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Hi guys I noticed some of you mentioned attending the Rennaisance Faire recently. I went several times this year, only for the banger and mash and guiness. Any way, thought I'd share some of the pics

Here are the Mud People

The Mud People's Sex Slave

Gypsies

God Save The Queen

A couple of "perverts"

Getting lessons in spells from Merlin

And finally learning the great art of Archery

If you ever get a chance to attend it really is so much fun. It's like stepping back in to time. An artisian time period when people were much more open about things such as paganism and sexuality. Good times Good times

• kls
    kls

They have something like that here somewhere in Wisconsin but i have never gone ,always intended to . I know they have Jousting on horse back ,do they have that were you are ? Now it makes me really want to go , thanks Chevy. Did you know i am a Jedi as of today.FYI

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Woo hooo! Congratulations KLS.... Yes they have the jousting on horses as well. I still go mainly for teh bangers and mash and guiness though :)

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I got to go to the Dallas Ren Faire when I was down.

The last time I went to one I was 6. It's been awhile. Much like kls, I have always meant to go again, but never did. Hell I even tried out to be an actor when I was in high school, as part of the faire in Minnesota, and got a part, but my parents, good dubs that they were told me it was a bad idea. I agreed. Mostly cuz I didn't have my own car to drive down every weekend. So I had to tell them, thanks, but no thanks.

It was so much fun tho! It could have possibly been because of all the great people I got to spend the day with, but it really was a blast. Not to mention men in kilts EVERYWHERE!

*swoons*

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I was at Glen Hellen Park! What a blast....

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Hey that's where I went Thi.... when were you there?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

May 31st......

• Badger
    Badger

Chevy:

I went to the Scarborough Faire fest, too...Someone has pics of me, LT and Xena in character.

What did YOU go as?

An artisian time period when people were much more open about things such as paganism and sexuality.

I have a whole 25 min lecture on that for my classes...you might be dissapointed...

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

sweet. looks like fun. when is the next one

• simplesally
    simplesally

I went 3 times this year!!!!!!

I will post pics!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit