How do most of you....

by TallTexan 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Purza
    Purza

They came by the other day and I let my daughter shoo them away. I used to think I would be polite and take the mags, but at this point I would treat them like a telemarketer -- talk so fast they can't get a word in edge wise while I am closing the door.

I don't feel I have enough knowledge to go head to head with them -- but then again I am pretty much a non-confrontational person.

Purza

• bebu
    bebu
    Every JW I meet is a potential future attendee at next year's apostofest.

I ditto your whole post verbatim, Megadude! And loved that last line of yours, above.

bebu

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

Yeh Megadude, I like your attitude.

I'm newly faded and I know all the JWs in my territory, so I will be friendly and maybe offer a drink and get the mags (to check on new light). If they invite me to a meeting I just smile and nod non-comittingly. I don't think I'm suspected of apostacy, just materialism and being too busy. If a JW asks me a direct question I will speak out. One day I hope to be like Megadude !

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

If I ever see a genuine example of a dub that has been dissuaded by a doorstep discussion, I might make more of an effort. The dubs in my area are so wishy washy weak that the one visit I have had in THREE years went like this:

Dub: Would you like to read the latest issues.......

Me: No thanks.

Dub: OK, Bye.

Why bother?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Way to go, Megadude!!!

They don't call on me. They know where I live, as it's a small community.
    I'm surprised they haven't marked the door with a [plague] cross.

"Bring out yer dead!!!"...

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

LOL @ Badger!

Havent been called on yet, but if i was, I would just be nice and say no thanks.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Im sure it will be a 'interesting' experience.

harassment
    order
    Clown Real Video clip on the street with a JW Been there done that allready I am a crack shot with a camcorder.I never leave home without it.Got em everywhere.Did you know there is no streaming video of the Mt.St. Helens eruption?
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie

OMG Danny was that you???

That was kick ass awesome!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Post below is a compilation off the web:

When cults come calling....... Leave! or Lead?....... Frustrated by failure, I?ve asked: How do others handle this situation? Does anyone know what to do when cults come calling? I took an unofficial survey, and these were the results: ? Don?t answer the door. ? Answer the door. Say you?re not interested. Shut the door?fast. ? Inform them, ?I?m an evangelical Christian. I view the Bible differently from you.? Shut the door?slowly. ? Engage in a short or a very short debate depending on your ability to converse at the moment. ? It?s a spiritual battle. Not ready to fight? Retreat. ? Prepare something clever in advance?like a stash of tracts in a drawer. ?I?ll take your literature if you?ll take mine?? ? Take a risk. Invite them in. ? Study their beliefs and hope you remember what you learn. (Also, hope you aren?t wearing a frumpy blue housecoat, with hair plastered to the side of your head.) Conclusion: most of us feel inept. We?re not sure what to do when cults come calling.```````````````````````````````` What to say to a JW when they get in your face and filibuster.Answer:GROW OLD AND DIE!.

• neodyne
    neodyne

The most effective way to disarm anyone who is on a p roselytizing mission to prove they are right and you wrong is polite disinterest, nothing sticks in the craw of those on a mission to save the world than total disinterest, they have great difficulty in getting there infected/affected minds around polite disinterest, their very very important message is deflated to an importance level more akin to kids ringing your doorbell and playing trick or treat, simply smile and say "I'm not very interested, you do look very smart though, please call again any time" you can almost guarentee they wont.

Regards

Phil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit