Correcting Falsehoods About Ray Franz's Beliefs (Holy Spirit, Trinity)

by allpoweredup 18 Replies latest jw friends

• allpoweredup
    allpoweredup

See what he himself says at http://www.commentarypress.com/essay-holyspirit.html I was told many falsehoods by Watchtower diehards such as he is now "a rabid trinitarian," "a nondenominalist or Pentecostal." Also he's transdenominalist (associates with Christians and others) not just those of one belief system. I'm sure many of you also heard a lot of falsehoods put out about him.

• kls
    kls

Are you sure you are a newbie, you sure don't post like one. Now i will go back and read the post.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    I was told many falsehoods by Watchtower diehards such as he is now:
    a rabid trinitarian

Rabid, huh? Even those of us who hold Tinitarianism in any kind of regard, could hardly be called aquaphobic.

a nondenominalist

That would be a bad thing?

or Pentecostal

Quite, quite different from a non-denominationalist

transdenominalist (associates with Christians and others) not just those of one belief system.

You mean he mingles with people, not just those of whatever "faith group" he may (or in this case, mayn not have) associated with?

Gah, the ignorance they are kept in (as was I) is one of the few things that makes my blood boil about the borg.
    But of course they MUST be right, even though they know nothing of the man or his beliefs that isn't third-hand concocted rubbish!

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

to me it just points out the fact that no-one really knows what god (or whatever greater power one believes in) is/was. The holy spirit seems like a random force that is used as cover for all the random unexplainable events that may or may not have occured in history and were attributed to god in the bible. i'm not really sure what point i'm trying to make here, except that i guess i'm at a loss as to what to believe. The jw upbringing has resulted in me pretty much rejecting the bible completely, so I'm trying to find some other explanation for how we came to be on earth.
    i guess this is off topic, but i've been reading some 'conspiracy' theories lately, a couple by David Icke, it makes for interesting reading, problem is that at almost any point in his books you can close them and say what utter garbage it all is, and end up being more confused than when you started. which is where i am..

aah well

• kls
    kls

It is for each individual to believe what they want how they want. That is what a free mind is all about ,being able to decide for one self and not being told you must believe in a certain way or you face death.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

So what? Does it change anything on the false teachings / practices of the WTS?

I'm sure he didn't intended to start a new religion with all the exJW

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    "a rabid trinitarian," "a nondenominalist or Pentecostal."

Labels, labels!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Gah, the ignorance they are kept in (as was I) is one of the few things that makes my blood boil about the borg.

You and me both, LT!

• allpoweredup
    allpoweredup

I have heard the insults against the man in halls across the U.S. Elders in all those places didn't know the man and didn't care that what the Circuit Overseers said was false, assuming it was true. Franz himself sees goodness in people regardless of their beliefs and says pray for even those who have upheld those who commit "atrocities" (read child molestation) out of ignorance of the real truth about the evildoers. So he is forgiving of elders who have repeated falsehoods sewn among them. He does not claim to be a know-it-all but exercises his freedom of speech, which we should all do in one way or another.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Nicely put, allpoweredup, for so many owe a debt of gratitude to this dear brother.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit