No New Book To Study WTF

by Poztate 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• talesin
    talesin

When you said "Babylon the Great" book, I had to LOL! I'm pretty smart, but I remember thinking "why can't I get this?" Talk about your twisted thinking.

What is the old expression? Oh yes, "If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, then baffle them with bull$h*t".

Fits the WTBTS to a tee!

tal

• new light
    new light

Even with a new book, the book study is offensively boring. It seems a relatively recent development to do 1/2 a chapter a week, I could be wrong. Nothing like studying a page-turner like the Isaiah book at a snail's pace. Looking up every scripture, calling on every hand that goes up, no matter what pill-popping psycho it's attached to. One hour, my ass, it seemed like a week.

• uriah
    uriah

I stand to be corrected (some people like to bend over, but there you go) but was it not so that some bretthers in Aussieland left because they studied the

'Greatest Man' book and decided that that is how a christians should act and not like the WTBTS brand of christianity?

If that is the case then they should study the GM book again and again and again, until they get it right.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the JWs I know were greatly relieved to leave behind the Daniel and 2 Isaiah books. Another prophecy book would have led to even lesser attendance and participation. The last few months for me were excruiating since except for my away from the paragraph answers, we were subjected to people answering by re-reading the paragraph or coyly rearranging the sentence structure and adding a different word here and there. No one every incorporated the scriptures except the conductor because I made my hubbie do it (he was good about that). When they reassigned us to a new book study and he didn't conduct as much, it was mind-numbing.

I actually would have welcomed a re-study of the GM book.

Blondie

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

If they study the 'Revelation' book or 'The Greatest Man' book yet again, I swear I will not attend the bookstudy meeting.

We've study those over and over and over again!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I think they should publish a book that thoroughly explains how child molesters can be "appointed by holy spirit" to a position of oversight in the congregations. I'm sure that would make book studies less boring.

Walter

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

Studying the Isaiah books again should be classified as torture under the Geneva convention. We thought of it like chinese water torture when we went thru it and looked for any excuse to miss...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit