JW view of psychiatrists...

by Fleur 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alias
    alias
    Christian witnesses of Jehovah are the best-oriented, happiest and most contented group of people on the face of the earth.

It's no wonder some JWs are so @!%! up in the head. That is one large assumptional mark to meet. And if you don't, it must be your own fault.

[Active JW]
    If they said it, then it must be true.
    [/Active JW]

Even tho' it's old news, the thought of getting therapy is still not viewed as a good thing to do in the organization, but many sure could benefit from it.

Sigh,

alias

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I spent 5 years under the care of Harvard's best and brightest psychiatrist in Boston Mass. right in the shadow of their campus. They misdiagnosed me BIG time.Simply put;mind control and brainwashing (as yet) are not components of the sacred mental health 'Bible' the DSM #4. Go ahead,I dare you to tell a psychiatrist,"I have have been brainwashed and subjected to mind control".Zany They will diagnosis you as DELUSIONAL just for saying such a thing...... Just go ahead and tell em,'you have been abducted by space aliens'. This is the kicker;the courts,military,journalist,general population yes,even the good doctors grandma knows what 'brainwashing' is. The intellectual idiots at Harvard can't grasp the concept.The most likely diagnosis of cult victims is:A-typical P.T.S.D. ( Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) in plain language 'Shell shock".Thunder Learn more: MORE on Stockholm Syndrome Psychological and Recovery Issues related to Jehovah's Witnesses and other groups Randy Watters site:

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/psych.htm

http://www.wellspringretreat.org/ Club med for ex cultist got insurance? Give it a shot Give this link below a shot too. Danny's Sensible Suggestions Open this result in new window
    Danny's Sensible Suggestions. Revised from the American Cancer Society's article.
    Danny says: mile by mile, it's a trial yard by yard, it's hard but althey! ...Inch by Inch it's a cinch..
    No in$urance needed

I Love You Mug 2Danny cares and shares,thinking of you.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Everything posted on this thread denouncing the WT$ for its deathly mental health quackery is TRUE.Once upon a many a time,i am sitting at the meeting and the WT$ speaker is mocking "mental cases" who "lack faith" "don't trust in Jehovah" "and need a good swift kick in the behind". Around ca.1991 the WT$ softened and moderated their hard line.ONLY because of the onslaught of incoming Lawsuits.
    Read his story in the Maine Times [text version] I was raised 3rd generation X 33 years.I'll call myself a 'typical God fearing indoctrinated devout JW. It took 5 years to accept and resolve in my heart that they are a man made false,'fraud in the name of God' ripoff religious racket. My exit date was January 5th 1992 I'm still rebuilding. There was NOTHING available to help with my exit back then.Now help is only a mouse click away. www.freeminds.org www.DannyHaszard.com

Q: You are billing yourself as an exit counselor for Jehovah's Witnesses. When you're out here picketing, has there been interest from people who want to leave the church?

A: Yes, one ex-member approached me; it had taken her five years to get deprogrammed. And the pastor from this Unitarian church came over and chatted with me. She said she had counseled other Jehovah?s Witnesses who had left. Nobody likes Jehovah?s Witnesses except other Jehovah's Witnesses.

Half the city councilors know me by name. The cops all know me as a safe person. The mental health system knows me. If [the Jehovah's Witnesses] say, this guy's crazy, he's a mental case," -- well, yeah, I?ve got a mental health history. It was caused by them.

• Scully
    Scully

Hey Danny... love your posts!

Go ahead,I dare you to tell a psychiatrist,"I have have been brainwashed and subjected to mind control".Zany They will diagnosis you as DELUSIONAL just for saying such a thing......

It isn't the patient's job to self-diagnose!! A JW merely needs to speak in JW-jargon (you know, all those "buzzwords" that I identify with a TM beside them!!) in order for the psychiatrist's eyebrows to rise and make him say "hmmmm, yes, go on, please!"

JW: "Well, I have been Reaching Out For Privileges? for years and years to become a Pioneer?/Ministerial Servant?/ Elder?, but for some reason, the Brothers? don't feel that I'm Qualified?. I'm just exhausted and depressed all the time now, and I don't know what to do. Whenever I Go In Service?, I just don't feel Joy? the way I'm supposed to. I keep wondering if Jehovah? is displeased with me. I think Satan The Devil? keeps putting obstacles in the way of my progress in The Truth?."

Dr. Freud: "Hmmmmm, yes, go on please!"

JW: "The other thing is, being In The Truth? isn't supposed to be so difficult! I mean, Jesus said that My yoke is kindly and my load is light, but I feel like I'm friggin' drowning here. Five Meetings? a week, Field Service? on weekends, and all that Personal Study? in between. And don't get me started about Circuit Assemblies? and District Conventions?. My family hasn't gone on vacation in five years because we have to set aside that time for those damn Assemblies?. I don't feel at all like I'm Drawing Closer to Jehovah?, I'm just so overwhelmed with all the Responsibilities? that are required to be Approved by Jehovah?. And what the hell is up with Blood Transfusions??? Like why can we take Blood Fractions?, but will get Disfellowshipped? if we take a unit of red blood cells or platelets?"

Dr. Freud: "Hmmmmm, go on please!"

Holy crap, it sounds nutz to me, and I'm just a nurse!!

Love, Scully

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Hi Fleur ~

Please tell your mom on my behalf that she is sadly mistaken in her views. My dad, who was known to be "full of Jehovah's holy spirit", the most zealous and active brother in his congregation, is now dead, by suicide after living his life, according to the mind controlling WTS. He carried little cards in his wallet with quotes from the WA and AW regarding their damning view of psychiatry since the 60's, to remind him that it was wrong to go for help from such a worldly one. It would be a threat to his faith. When he had no choice but to seek their help, he was consumed with guilt and used the whole session to preach to the guy. My father was his Dr's first patient ever lost to suicide, and he was very interested to meet with us for further info that could assist him in dealing with JW patients.

All the best to you,

4JWY

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Their view has improved and moderated -still do not actively encourage people to see a phsciatrist - it is now conscience matter

• Corvin
    Corvin

*** Awake! 1960 March 8 p.27 ***

[Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

As a rule, for a Christian to go to a worldly psychiatrist is an admission of defeat, it amounts to 'going down to Egypt for help.' -Isaiah 31:1.

Often when a Witness of Jehovah goes to a psychiatrist, the psychiatrist will try to persuade him that his troubles are caused by his religion, entirely overlooking the fact that the Christian witnesses of Jehovah are the best-oriented, happiest and most contented group of people on the face of the earth. They have the least need for psychiatrists. Also, more and more psychiatrists are resorting to hypnosis, which is a demonic form of worldly wisdom.

This is interesting because there is a baptized JW shrink here in San Diego who is making a killing treating effed up brothers, sisters and children. Before I decided to never return to the org, I thought taking my kids to a JW shrink would be great since he understood the teachings. He turned out to be a sheister and a dissapointment. A real hack.

I think he might have been exploiting the high rate of mental illness that runs in the org among the members. I wonder if he was a shrink before he came in to the org or after he came in? Either way, I am sure he saw a need/market for his services within the organization.

Corvin

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Corvin ~

Been there, done that too - what a joke!! You and the kids probably received the same "counsel" we did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit