BRCI Questions

by stephoness 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Rekless... I believe he was a JW before he got his PhD; in fact, I believe he was born a JW, although others more in the know might be able to correct me. (Ros?)

• blondie
    blondie

James Penton biography on Beacon website:

http://www.xjw.com/penton.html

• allpoweredup
    allpoweredup

He was simply involved by birth, being born into a family with the religion. He's a good person.

Here's something I'll share that didn't come from BRCI but that I was emailed. I'd add though that BRCI will share some other things of interest if you wish to continue having an interest in Bible matters, but they are not "pushy" on religion, helping total religious skeptics too. As others have told you here, it's a help group instead of a church or religion.

Horrifyingly, nurses, doctors, attorneys, concerned parents etc, see others taught by the Watchtower Society over Jehovah's Witnesses but do not know why blood transfusions are biblically supported so as to reason with them: Acts 15:20 says abstain from blood but 1 Samuel 14:32-5 says Saul's army ate unBLED meat to not starve and no verses show God not forgiving them. Christ says God also forgave David's eating temple holy bread and that God wants Mercy Not Sacrifice. (Mt 12) The Watchtower's May 22, 1994 magazine Awake tells of 26 of the Jehovah's Witness children who died without transfusions, and by common sense in massive bleeding as in car wrecks blood expanders won't save lives http://www.ajwrb.org. About 3 Jehovah's Witnesses die daily earthwide from the unscriptural policy! (Blood On The Altar by David Reed) Yet most normal identical twins transfuse whole blood to each other through a shared placenta and childrens' whole blood is sometimes found in mothers years after birth-- clearly the approved arrangement by God using nature. The book of Acts is about not using blood or strangled meat for temple sacrifices, so not in regard to transfusions. Please share copies of this with others to help save more lives.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I live in Chicago.

• Alana
    Alana

I live a couple of hours south of Chicago, and I went to the conference about 2 or 3 years ago. I really enjoyed it. I got to meet some of the people I'd seen online on various forums and really enjoyed it. Peter Gregerson used to go to one of the congregations I had also attended....although not at the same time as I did, so I enjoyed meeting them. And I saw someone I knew a child and hadn't seen for years, who also used to attend that former congregation, as well as an older couple who had known my parents as JWs many years ago. I even ended up seeing a married couple who used to be JWs in that same area and I was shocked to see them there at an XJW meeting. I, also, didn't know what to expect, but I enjoyed the topics they spoke about. And, the best thing was that, unlike a JW convention, if you decided that you didn't want to attend part of it, no one thought you were 'spiritually weak'....LOL....you can come and go as you please and can feel totally welcomed. I don't know if I can make it up this year or not, but I would like to....maybe people from this forum will need to wear little "JWD" signs or something, so that we can ID fellow forum members. ha ha If nothing else, that is something that is so nice, to put faces to names. :-)

"Alana"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit