The DaVinci Code

by poppers 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• poppers
    poppers

Anyone read this book? What's you're reaction, if any, to the basic premis of the book (that the Holy Grail is ... oops - I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it yet). The author takes a ficticious incident and weaves some little-known yet interesting and provacative facts throughout his story. I am about to finish it in the next couple of days - a real page turner

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Yes I just finished the book a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely LOVED it. I loved the Lourve, and loved having a detailed story involving it. It certainly was provocative. Only complaint is that I figured out "The Teacher" right away. I took it with me to Vegas and had people coming up to me in the lobby to tell me how much they enjoyed reading it.

p.s. not to ruin it for you but "The Teacher" is the stable boy :)

• eiu2003
    eiu2003

I am just starting it. Looks like it will be good just from the first couple of chapters.

• Gerard
  • Farkel
    Farkel

: Anyone read this book?

I read it after it first came out. Large parts of the plot were utterly predictable, and it had a sort of "commercial" flavor to it, like for examples, "The Celestine Prophecy" and "The Tenth Insight", both of which I've also read. What I mean to say is, the plot is sort of like Nancy Drew for adults.

If you want a REAL book about the Holy Grail, and not kindergarten stuff, get "Holy Blood Holy Grail." It's packed with documentation and covers the grail story from Christ until today. It gives several possibilities about what the holy grail represents, including the one stated in the Da Vinci Code . If you like your history, you'll love Holy Blood Holy Grail.

Farkel

• poppers
    poppers

Thanks for the tip Farkel - I'll check it out

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

The DaVinci Code is fiction disguised as non-fiction.

• codeblue
    codeblue

My hubby NOdenial made a thread on this a while back.....http://www.jehovahwitness.com/9/69647/1.ashx

I recently am reading though...found a lot of the religious info very informative!!!

Codeblue

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    If you want a REAL book about the Holy Grail, and not kindergarten stuff

<-------- breaks out crayons and colors the word Poopie face all over Farkel's post :)

• amac
    amac

Davinci Code is one of those "made for movies" books. A good read, but don't take it too serious and talk about it to others as if there is any merit to the history in it. Also, don't expect to get to know the characters too well. Besides that, I think it might make a decent hollywood movie and if nothing else, act as a catalyst to get people interested in actual religous history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit