Confidentiality at the Doctor/Dentist Office?

by blondie 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    Good luck with the surgery!

Ditto! Hope all goes well.

Country

• Swan
    Swan

Okay, call me naive, but what kind of confidential information would the JW be privy to at the dentist's office?

I have this scenario playing out in my mind. "Sister So-and-so got the gold crown instead of the cheaper amalgam! That money could have been better spent by contributing it to the worldwide preaching work. She isn't putting kingdom interests first. She isn't trusting in Jah to give her perfect teeth in the new system any day now. Ummmm! I'm telling!"

Maybe someone here works in a dentist office and can answer this in general terms.

Tammy

• blondie
    blondie

Dental surgeons would have access to confidiential info.

• Scully
    Scully

Tammy

A person still needs to give significant medical history to their dentist. For example, a single JW lady would need to let her dentist know if she was taking birth control pills, because if he has to prescribe antibiotics to treat an abscess, it could make her birth control pills ineffective.

That's the kind of info you don't want a JW dental hygenist spreading around.

Love, Scully

• Swan
    Swan

Yikes! Yes, that is definitely somthing you don't want getting back to the elders. None of their damn business.

That answers my question. Thanks.

Tammy

• wednesday
    wednesday

oddly enough, i too am going to have a surgery later (lumbar fusion done through the abdomen) this year and the surgeon has asked for 2 units of my blood to be stored . I agreed with this, b/c it is certainly a better alternative than someone elses blood. I too am concerned about all the ancillary personal who will have acess to my chart ( or just being seen). I am going to a hospital i do not normally go it, and not listing any religion. I have gone to great links to remove JWS from my medical record. But there are nurses and so many people and it is in my records somewhere that i used to call myself a JWS. I am going to call the hospital and dscuss it with the business office prior to surgery. This area just crawls with JWS medical personnel . or what if i got a roomate who is a jws ? this area just crawls with JWS patients, but most will use the bloodless centers, so i will avoid them, hopefully.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Wednesday: Don't be overly concerned. Just remember that 90% of what we worry about never happens!

Scully and Countryguy: Thanks for the warm thoughts. I'm in good hands and expect a full recovery.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is what kept me from going into therapy for a very long time while I was a JW. I was literally terrified that a JW would rat me out.

Who could it have been?

• The therapist's wife, friend, relative, etc...
    • The secretary
    • Someone else on the staff who might have my file pass their desk
    • An outside medical transcriptionist
    • and many others I imagined I could not think of

All it would have taken was one person to rat me out to the elders that I did not believe what the WTS taught.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit