Adventures with My Dad

by Yerusalyim 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

To Robyn, Thunder, and Copsec, I owe an apology.

I had come to the midwest with plans of meeting each of you...instead my father and I continued building a relationship we never had when I was a kid.

I came home to help my dad with a project around the house...taking up a cement sidewalk. That took all of one day...since then I've been my dad's running buddy...He looks for me in the morning to find me...we hang out pretty much all day (he's retired, but is a city Council man). We even did some work on a habitat for humanity house together. He was showing off his new toys to me (like his new single action Colt 45 Peace Maker that he's got for CowBoy action shooting competitions) and showed me off to his friends too. Sorry, as much as I wanted to meet you all, it was more important to spend this time with my Dad.

• franklin J
    franklin J

nice post Yeru,

I am happy to hear you and your Dad have connected. I am sure it has made him happy as much as you.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Yeru: Hey no problem maybe we will meet sometime. You getting quality time with your Dad is AWESOMEI am so happy for you

Sheila

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit