Can you even stomach the name "Jehovah"?

by logansrun 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logansrun
    logansrun

Good point, seattleniceguy.

Just to show there is nothing "metaphyscial" about my/our disgust for the name "Jehovah" and that the "demons" haven't got us, consider this: I never feel this repulsion when I hear the word God, the name Jesus Christ or even the name Yahweh! It's nothing more than the neuro-linquistic programming of a group that uses the medivil scribal error for the name of the Hebrew God ad nauseum.

Bradley

• new light
    new light

The spoken name does kind of make me cringe, because it's so loaded with memories of a sickening mental state.

Why do people even feel they have to use the name. Do you call your biological father Tom or Frank? Generally not. Most people think it more respectful to avoid calling a parent by their first name.

Wouldn't this apply even more to an alleged heavenly father, creator of the universe?

• onacruse
    onacruse

new light, good point!

Reminds me of John 17:3--

Jesus, supposedly in prayer to God, says "and the one who you sent forth, Jesus Christ."

Who in the world, praying to the God of the Universe, refers to himself by name (as if God didn't know who it was that was talking to Him)?

And who in the world, when talking to Dad, says "Hey there Franklin, this is your first-born son, Johnny."

• Undaunted Danny
  • Farkel
    Farkel

Come to think of it, "Jehovah" is a pretty ugly-sounding word, but then again BibleJehovah is a pretty ugly god.

Farkel

• catlady
    catlady

I hate it! To me it represents evil and suffering.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Interesting that I still get the same (non)-answers as always.

Onacruse, maybe you need to change your expectation? Maybe you are being answered, just not in the way you are expecting to be?

Brad, I can't stand using it either. I agree. It has too many negative connotations to it. In fact, I'm still trying to figure out whether or not there really is a "personal" god........I lean towards the no side sometimes heavier............still figuring it out, and just try to remain open to any possibilities.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Onacruse, maybe you need to change your expectation? Maybe you are being answered, just not in the way you are expecting to be?

I think Onacruse is old enough and sharp enough that if this was the case, he'd have some clue by now.

For the record, I just ate Jehovah in my alphabet soup, and so far so good. Ask me anything.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I think FMZ has an extremely insightful point when he says its about submission. Instead of fighting against life, why can't we just take it as it comes at us, learn the lessons it teaches us and gain the wisdom from those lessons, then move onward............life is a cycle........good, bad, mediocre.........not to sound like a buddhist here, but, attachment and expectation and fear are what cause us pain. If we can get over the labeling and rejecting and manipulating, then we can flow with the things that happen........these soon pass and the cycle goes on.........balance, I think is what we should strive for.......................the pendulum swings one way, and will without fail swing back the way it came............it's all in the natural scheme of everything we look at in the universe around us and our world..........

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Blow it out your poop deck, Six.

I didn't mean to imply that Ona doesn't "know".......but, sometimes we just need a reminder......or maybe he has never thought of it......who knows......no harm intended.

Peace, bro.

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit